Accountancy | AAT Advanced Diploma in Accounting | Level 3
Why this course?
This course is a natural progression from the AAT Level 2 Certificate and includes units on financial and management accounting, using spreadsheets, professional ethics and VAT.
Widely recognised in the profession as a highly desirable qualification, successful completion of this course will leave you well placed in the job market.
Successful students may wish to consider progression to the AAT Level 4 Diploma course at Brighton MET or one of the professional chartered accounting qualifications such as ACCA.
The cost of the first exam is included. Retakes incur additional costs. AAT membership fees are not included.
Click here to see fee information.
|FE0669-1C||07 Sep 2020||Central Brighton||Mondays 5.15-8.30pm||38 weeks||£2026.00||Apply|
|FE0701-1C||08 Sep 2020||Central Brighton||Tuesdays 1.15-4.30pm||38 weeks||£2026.00||Apply|
|FE0663-1C||11 Jan 2021||Central Brighton||Mondays 1.15-4.30pm||38 weeks||£2026.00||Apply|
|FE0667-1C||12 Jan 2021||Central Brighton||Tuesdays 5.15-8.30pm||38 weeks||£2026.00||Apply|
- Completion of the AAT Level 2 certificate
- An excellent level of spoken and written English is required for this course.
- Please be aware of the need to spend a significant amount of time away from the classroom undertaking independent study.
- It is recommended that students re-acquaint themselves with basic book-keeping principles before starting the course.
Assessment is by computer based exams.
Results for 4 of the exams will be available usually within 1-2 hours.
The result for the Synoptic Assessment will be available around 6 weeks after the exam.
- Advanced Bookkeeping
- Final Accounts Preparation
- Indirect Tax
- Management Accounting: Costing
- Synoptic Assessment
The Synoptic Assessment contains the Ethics for Accountants and Spreadsheets for Accounting units, as well as questions from Advanced Bookkeeping, Final Accounts Preparation and Management Accounting: Costing.
Why the MET?
This course is taught by a dedicated team of lecturers who are also professional accountants. Our experienced teaching staff are passionate and committed to helping you to attain your learning goals and meet your personal aims.
We have a wide range of courses, scheduled to accommodate busy lives. With this in mind, we offer part time day and evening options, with start dates in September and January.
Without a doubt, one of the reasons we know you will love studying at Brighton MET is the location of our Central Campus. Right in the heart of Brighton’s world-famous North Laine, the College is within walking distance of all the city’s main amenities – the award-winning city library, the independent shops and eateries, and the beach.
Facilities at Brighton MET
- Access to quality teaching resources, rooms and studios
- Online access to course documents, resources and study support through the MET’s virtual learning environment
- Library and computing facilities
- Access to the MET’s student services, including career advice and additional learning support
- Cafés and coffee bars with a wide range of reasonably priced meals, snacks and drinks
- A travel agency and a hair and beauty salon, both open to the public and offering exceptional value
There is a high demand for competent accounting professionals within a wide range of business and non-profit making organisations at all levels.
An AAT qualification gives an advantage when seeking a new position.
The cost of this course does not include the cost of your AAT membership.
This course is eligible for a discounted fee depending on your age, the course level and whether you are claiming benefits. Visit our fees and financial support page to see the criteria for each of the four fee categories. If the specified criteria do not apply to you, you will need to pay the full cost fee which is shown as category 4 below.
Category 1: £0
Category 2: (not applicable to this course)
Category 3: (not applicable to this course)
Category 4: £2026 (full cost fee - you may be eligible for an Advanced Learner Loan to assist with the cost of this course. Find out more)
student Views Magdalena Zajac
“My tutor is always really helpful and supportive to make sure I achieve my AAT Level 3 qualification, which means I'll be able to progress to University and then on to a career in accountancy.”