Our shiny new Brighton MET website
The new Brighton MET website went live on 18 September at gbmc.ac.uk/brighton, replacing the old City College site. The next step of the project will be to bring the content from the current northbrook.ac.uk on to the new site and update it so that it is the site for the whole MET.
The new site took nine months to develop and offers many improvements on the old City College site:
- Built 'mobile first' – a fully responsive design that can be viewed on any device.
- Mega-menus for improved usability
- Built to comply with accessibility guidelines.
- Built from the ground up with SEO (search engine optimisation) principles in mind to maximise searchability from Google.
- Sophisticated search functionality (which we are still refining).
- The site is built on a CRM (customer relationship management) platform (HubSpot).
- The online application form means that manual inputting of data is no longer required.
- Fully compliant with new brand guidelines.
- Advanced analytics tools built in.
- All content re-written to be on-brand and more concise.
- 2000+ redirects from the old web site in place.
- More multimedia and images.
- Integrated with E-careers (offering online courses alongside our offer).
- Integrated with EMSI (provides real live data on course pages about local labour market and careers).
We would love to hear what you think about our new web site and any ideas you might have to make it better. Please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.