FAQs for students and visitors
To access our FAQs for courses starting from September 2020 and information about our COVID-19 procedures, please click here.
Reporting an absence
If you are going to be absent from college, you can inform us using the eNotify app or by using the absence text line.
Instructions on how to do this are available on this page.
Contacting the Finance Team (bursary support)
If you need to contact our finance team about making an application for bursary support or if you wish to check the status of a current application you can reach them using the details below.
Financial (bursary) support email:
- 16+ college: email@example.com Tel: 01273 667788 ext 474 or 394
- University-level: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01903 273014
Drop in times are also available at the Central Brighton Campus 12pm-2pm Monday-Friday in the Student Centre.
Learning Resource Centre and building opening times
How to reach us by public transport
Central Brighton Campus - Approximately five minutes' walk from Brighton mainline station and two minutes' walk from London Road bus stop 'B' serving buses 24, 26, 37, 46, 48, 49, 50, 78 and 79.
East Brighton Campus - There is a free bus for students and staff from Central Campus to East Campus - see timetable here. In addition, there is a bus stop outside East Campus serving buses 21, 21A and 21E.
Northbrook West Durrington Campus - Approximately seven minutes' walk from Goring-by-Sea train station. The number 9 bus stops outside the campus. It is also five minutes' walk from a number 10 bus stop, eight minutes' walk from a Pulse bus stop and ten minutes' walk from a 700 bus stop.
Northbrook Broadwater Campus - Approximately ten minutes' walk from Worthing station and two minutes' walk from the 'Broadwater Church' bus stop which serves buses 1, 5, 7, 11, 23 and 69.
Northbrook Shoreham Airport Campus - Approximately 20 minutes' walk from Shoreham-by-Sea train station and seven minutes' walk from the 700 bus stop at Adur Recreation Ground (walk through the recreation ground to the airport).
Q. Why choose an apprenticeship?
A. A chance to learn and gain a nationally recognised qualification while getting a weekly wage
Q. Who can apply?
A. Anyone, any age over 16 years old
Q. What training & assessment will I receive?
A. Training is undertaken in the workplace, which can include one day a week at college
Q. What does an apprenticeship include?
1. Competence based qualification
2. Knowledge based qualification
3. English, maths and ICT (exempt if you have GCSE grade 4/C or above)
4. Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
Q. How much will I be paid?
A. £3.90 per hour and above
Q. How many hours will I work?
A. Minimum 30 hours – maximum 40 hours
Q. How do I apply?
1. Create an account on ‘find an apprenticeship’
2. Apply for current vacancies www.gbmc.ac.uk/apprenticeships
3. Complete a college application form
4. You will be contacted by the apprenticeship team
Q. Where can I get more advice?
A. Drop in to our Student Centre at Central Campus, Pelham St, Brighton, Wednesdays 12-3pm or call the Apprenticeships team on 01273 667788 ext. 2529
Q. How do I view the latest vacancies?
A. Visit the www.gbmc.ac.uk/apprenticeships to see current opportunities
Q. How long is the apprenticeship?
A. Minimum of 12 months – maximum of 48 months
Q. Are there restrictions?
1. You cannot be self-employed
2. Must be living in the UK or EU for the past 3 years
Q. I have an employer – what should I do next?
1. Complete a College application form
2. You will be contacted by the Apprenticeship team
What Apprenticeships are available?
Carpentry and Joinery
Hairdressing & Barbering
Adult Health & Social Care
IT Software & Development
Social media & Digital Marketing
Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
Painting and Decorating
Social Media & Digital Marketing
What services are available in the Brighton Student Centre?
Services in the Student Centre at Central Brighton Campus (Pelham Street):
Opening times: Monday-Wednesday 9am-4pm, Thursday 9am-4pm (7pm in term time), Friday 10am-3:30pm.
- Apprenticeship drop in: Wednesday 12-3pm
- Careers drop in: Monday & Wednesday 1-4pm
- Bursary drop in for 16+ college-level students: Monday-Friday 12-2pm
- Work experience drop in for Business, Catering & Hospitality, Industry Services: Monday-Friday 9-4pm
- Work experience drop in for Hair & Beauty: Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 9am-4pm
- Adult/professional courses: Tuesday 9:30am-12:30pm
- Admissions, Course Advice, Enrolments: Monday-Thursday 9am-4pm (Thursday is 9am-7pm in term time), Friday 10am-3:30pm.
Drop-in services in the Student Centre at East Brighton Campus (Wilson Avenue):
- Careers drop in: Tuesday & Thursday 1-4pm at the East campus
Term dates for all courses can be found here.
Ordering a prospectus
We have gone paperless
For the majority of courses we will notify you of things like interview dates and offers on courses, via email rather than post and if you have applied online you will also have an online account you can log in to, to see updates on your application.
Can my children come to interviews if I am unable to arrange childcare?
Unfortunately it is not appropriate to bring children along to your interview. If you need to reschedule your interview for a more convenient time then please contact the college to rearrange.