Your future in focus
Our progression weeks are an important event in the annual college calendar, intended to help raise aspirations, broaden horizons and open the minds of our students.
The theme this year is ‘Your future in focus’ and will provide students with a dedicated opportunity to reflect on their academic progress with their personal tutor and get advice on the next steps they need to take to achieve their full potential.
We will be hosting a number of workshops and webinars, including: CV writing, interview skills and preparing for university. Our Careers team will also be providing drop-in sessions at each of our campuses, to offer a wide variety of support, including:
- 1:1 appointments with a fully qualified careers adviser
- Help students with choosing what to do after their programme finishes
- Supporting students to explore which career is right for them
- Help with identifying strengths, skills and action planning
- Help with tailoring a CV and interview preparation
- Where to find apprenticeships and how to apply
- Providing labour market information (LMI)
Students can access further information, including the schedule of upcoming events, here. Please note you will need to be logged in to your college Google accounts to access.