Access To Higher Education | Diploma in Business | Level 3
Why this course?
This course provides an opportunity to study various aspects of business-related topics, from law and marketing, to the economic environment and entrepreneurship.
The course will enable you to make a decision about the area of business you wish to study further, while developing academic skills such as essay writing and research.
You will learn how to put together a professional presentation and ‘present’ to small groups of people, giving you the opportunity to explore your own style, practice and improve, all in a safe, constructive, supportive environment. Your tutors will help you identify those areas that need improvement and give you the tools you need to develop, so that you are fully equipped to deal with independent study at higher education levels.
Our staff team will be working closely with local universities to provide an excellent learning experience, specifically designed to prepare students for business professions in the future. You will also be supported with your UCAS application and we help to prepare you for university admissions interviews.
The course consists of 60 credits. All units are at Level 3.
Please note you must be aged 19 or older to join this course.
Find out more about this course by watching our recent Webinar and Q&A video here.
Click here to see fee information.
|FE0024-1C||04 Sep 2023||Central Brighton||36 weeks||£3022.00||Apply|
alumni Views Vicky StallwoodI completed the Pre Access, Access, degree at Brighton University followed by an MA, and I'm now in employment.
You must have a GCSE grade 9-4 (A* - C) in English and Maths.
You will be required to attend an interview with a member of the department.
Access to Business is an intensive course with an ethos of hard work and commitment. You will be supported to achieve the highest grades you can in every formal assignment, and encouraged to find solutions to the challenges you will meet on the way. This is what makes our course the very best preparation for university and for the professional arena in the future.
The full Access Diploma is worth 60 level three credits; 45 are graded credits and the remaining 15 must be achieved but are ungraded.
- Setting up Your Own Small Business
- Economic Conditions
- Business Environment International
- Finance-Budgeting and Cash Flow
- Finance-Costs and Revenues
- Business and Privatisation
- Business Markets
- HRM and Trade Unions
- Extended Independent Academic Research
- Critical Thinking
- Reviewing and Planning for the Future
- Research Skills for Academic Study
- Using ICT for Study
- Essay Skills
Why the MET?
- Access to quality teaching resources and rooms.
- Online access to course documents, resources and study support through the MET’s virtual learning environment.
- Library and computing facilities.
- Access to the MET’s student services, including career advice and additional learning support.
- Cafes and coffee bars with a wide range of reasonably priced meals, snacks and drinks.
- A hair and beauty salon, both open to the public and offering exceptional value.
On successful completion of this level 3 course you may wish to continue your studies at Brighton MET and follow one of the foundation degree courses, or continue to university either in Sussex or further afield.
The UCAS application process is undertaken with full tutor support in the first term of the access programme.
90% of students go on the further study or full-time employment. Many students from previous years have also started their own businesses.
Cost & Finance
Level 3 Entitlement
This course is free if you meet the following criteria:
- You are a UK citizen, hold EU Settlement Status or have a visa which could qualify you for home status.
- If you will be aged 19-23 when your course begins and you have not already achieved a full Level 3 or higher, you may not have to pay any fees.
Advanced Learner Loan
You may be eligible to apply for a loan to meet the course costs of your qualification fees. This is paid directly to the College on your behalf. For more information about Advanced Learner Loans, please click here.