Access To Higher Education Diploma | Business Level 3
Why this course?
This course provides an opportunity to study various aspects of business-related topics, from law and marketing, to the economic environment and entrepreneurship.
The course will enable you to make a decision about the area of business you wish to study further, while developing academic skills such as essay writing and research.
You will learn how to put together a professional presentation and ‘present’ to small groups of people, giving you the opportunity to explore your own style, practice and improve, all in a safe, constructive, supportive environment. Your tutors will help you identify those areas that need improvement and give you the tools you need to develop, so that you are fully equipped to deal with independent study at higher education levels.
The course consists of 60 credits. All units are at Level 3.
Access to HE course fees are TBC for the academic year 2020/2021.
GCSE English and Maths grade 4 (C) or above.
If you have just one of these, you may take the other alongside the Access course.
You will be assessed based on a mixture of written assignments and practical project work.
• Business and the economic environment
• Business environment international
• Human Resource Management and trade unions
• Extended Independent academic study
• A range of academic/study skill units
Why the MET?
- Access to quality teaching resources, rooms and studios
- Online access to course documents, resources and study support through the MET’s virtual learning environment
- Library and computing facilities
- Access to the MET’s student services, including career advice and additional learning support
- Cafés and coffee bars with a wide range of reasonably priced meals, snacks and drinks
- A travel agency and a hair and beauty salon, both open to the public and offering exceptional value
There is no formal experience but there will be outside speakers and visits relevant to the programme.
Many students will continue to work part time whilst on the course, and all experience of the workplace (whether paid or not) is useful to draw on during group discussions.
On successful completion of this level 3 course you may wish to continue your studies at Brighton MET and follow one of the foundation degree courses, or continue to university either in Sussex or further afield.
The UCAS application process is undertaken with full tutor support in the first term of the access programme.
90% of students go on the further study or full time employment. Many students from previous years have also started their own businesses.
alumni Views Vicky Stallwood
“I completed the Pre Access, Access, degree at Brighton University followed by an MA, and I'm now in employment.”