Accountancy | AAT Professional Diploma in Accounting | Level 4
Why this course?
This course will allow you to develop a range of advanced skills in financial and management accounting and budgeting.
You will also study two optional units, allowing you to concentrate on specialist areas of accountancy.
This highly-regarded qualification will allow you to apply for membership of the AAT (subject to meeting the work experience requirements) and further your career.
Click here to see fee information.
|FE0664-1C||25 Sep 2019||Central Brighton||5.30pm - 8.45pm||42 weeks||£2,046.00||Apply|
|FE0668-1C||22 Apr 2020||Central Brighton||5.30pm - 8.45pm||42 weeks||£2,046.00||Apply|
Discounts may be available depending on your circumstances, please see our finance information.
- Completion of the AAT Level 3 Advanced Diploma
- An excellent level of spoken and written English is required for this course
- Please be aware of the need to spend a significant amount of time away from the classroom undertaking independent study
- It is recommended that students re-acquaint themselves with basic book-keeping principles before starting the course
Assessment is by computer based exams
All Level 4 exam results will be available around 6 weeks after taking the exam.
Mandatory Course Units
- Financial Statements of Limited Companies
- Management Accounting : Budgeting
- Management Accounting : Decision and Control
- Synoptic Assessment
The Synoptic Assessment contains the Accounting systems and controls unit, Ethics as well as questions from the 3 other units
- Business Tax
- Personal Tax
- External Auditing
- Cash and Treasury Management
- Credit Management
Currently we are only offering the two tax units as taught optional units, however students are welcome to self-study any of the other optional units and take the exams here at the College.
To study for this qualification you will need an excellent level of spoken and written English. Assessment is by computer based exam, however every exam contains “written questions” where you will have to type your answer to a high professional standard.
Please also be aware that you will need to spend a considerable amount of time undertaking independent self-study to be successful. It is also recommended that students re-acquaint themselves with the subject matter of their previous studies before starting the course.
This course is taught by a dedicated team of lecturers who are also professional accountants. Our experienced teaching staff are passionate and committed to helping you to attain your learning goals and meet your personal aims.
Without a doubt, one of the reasons we know you will love studying at Brighton MET is the location of our Central Campus. Right in the heart of Brighton’s world-famous North Laine, the College is within walking distance of all the city’s main amenities – the award-winning city library, the independent shops and eateries, and the beach.
- Access to quality teaching resources, rooms and studios
- Online access to course documents, resources and study support through the MET’s virtual learning environment
- Library and computing facilities
- Access to the MET’s student services, including career advice and additional learning support
- Cafés and coffee bars with a wide range of reasonably priced meals, snacks and drinks
- A travel agency and a hair and beauty salon, both open to the public and offering exceptional value