Accountancy - AAT Level 2 - Certificate in Accounting
Why this course?
A solid introduction to bookkeeping and accountancy. A combination of both classroom and self-directed study allows you the flexibility to pace your study according to your personal circumstances.
We will explore both manual and computerised bookkeeping, as well as management accounting and work skills.
Click here to see fee information.
|CM0066-1C||22 Jan 2019||Central Brighton||Tuesday 5.30pm - 8.30pm||31 weeks||£999.00||Apply|
|CM0065-1C||24 Apr 2019||Central Brighton||Wednesday 5.30pm - 8.30pm||31 weeks||£999.00||Apply|
The fee listed is the full course cost. Discounts may be available depending on your circumstances.
- Basic computer skills required as all exams are computer based
- Completion of the AAT Level 1 Award or professional experience in a bookkeeping role
- An excellent level of spoken and written English is required for this course
- Please be aware of the need to spend a significant amount of time away from the classroom undertaking independent study
- It is recommended that students re-acquaint themselves with basic book-keeping principles before starting the course
All units are assessed via computer based exams.
Results for 3 of the exams will be available usually within 1-2 hours.
The results for Using Accounting Software and the Synoptic Assessment will be available around 6 weeks after the exam.
- Bookkeeping Transactions
- Bookkeeping Controls
- Elements of Costing
- Using Accounting Software
- Synoptic Assessment
The Synoptic Assessment contains the unit Working Effectively in Finance, plus questions from Bookkeeping Transactions, Bookkeeping Controls and Elements of Costing.
You will explore both manual and computerised book-keeping, as well as management accounting and work skills.
This widely recognised qualification not only will improve your effectiveness in the workplace, but will also provide opportunities for career advancement.
The Software package used in Using Accounting Software is SAGE 50.
Why the MET?
This Level 2 course is taught by a dedicated team of lecturers who are also professional accountants with substantial experience of successfully delivering AAT courses.
We have a wide range of courses, scheduled to accommodate busy lives. With this in mind, we offer part-time and evening options, with start dates in January, April and September.
Our experienced teaching staff are passionate about their areas of expertise and are committed to helping you to attain your learning goals and meet your personal aims.
Without a doubt, one of the reasons we know you will love studying at Brighton MET is the location of our Central Campus. Right in the heart of Brighton’s world-famous North Laine, the College is within walking distance of all the city’s main amenities – the award-winning city library, the independent shops and eateries, and the beach.
- Access to quality teaching resources, rooms and studios
- Online access to course documents, resources and study support through the MET’s virtual learning environment
- Library and computing facilities
- Access to the MET’s student services, including career advice and additional learning support
- Cafés and coffee bars with a wide range of reasonably priced meals, snacks and drinks
- A travel agency and a hair and beauty salon which are both open to the public and offer exceptional value
Once you have passed Level 2 you may wish to move onto the AAT Level 3 qualification.
Find out more information about Level 3.
There is a high demand for competent accounting professionals within a wide range of business and non-profit making organisations at all levels.
An AAT qualification gives an advantage when seeking a new position.
Upon completion of your AAT Level 2 typical job roles might be:
- Accounts assistant
- Purchase ledger clerk
- Sales ledger clerk
- Junior accounts roles
The course fees are £999.00
The fees include initial AAT membership costs and the first exam of each unit. Retakes will incur additional costs.
Funding may be available for this course depending on your circumstances. Find out more.