Art & Design | UAL Fashion Design and Business | Level 3
Why this course?
This course is for aspiring fashion designers who want to develop their skills in designing, making and understanding the fast-paced and exciting world of fashion. Our fashion design and business course has been created to equip you with the skills, knowledge and professional portfolio to develop your career in the fashion industry either as a freelance maker or designer, to study a fashion degree or to enter the industry directly. The course is suitable for students who have an interest in fashion, fashion business and making clothing.
At least four GCSEs at grade 4 (C) or above, including English and maths, and evidence of your art/design work.
- Pattern cutting
- Garment construction
- Sewing techniques
- Garment design processes
- Fashion illustration/drawing to communicate ideas
- Fashion photography
- Trend forecasting
- Knowledge and research about fashion business
- Retail and visits to exhibitions and fashion shows
- Work on live assignments and create work based on your own areas of interest in fashion
Why this course?
- Opportunities to gain valuable work experience through live projects
- Taught by fashion industry specialists
- Outstanding progression to prestigious universities.
- UAL progression promise
- Your chosen course will be part of a wider Study Programme
Most of our Level 3 students go on to higher education including prestigious universities like London School of Fashion, Central Saint Martins and Chelsea to study a specialised aspect of the fashion industry. Others go into internships, direct employment in the fashion industry or fashion retail, self-employment as a maker/designer or onto our Level 4 Creative Enterprise course.
- Clothing design
- Children's wear
- Body contour & lingerie
- Fashion illustration
- Fashion styling
- Brand management
- Fashion retail buying
- Self-employed maker/designer