Fine Art - part-time BA (Hons) Degree
This is the part-time version of the BA degree in Fine Art.
This course provides a stimulating creative environment where students can develop their own studio practice as professional artists.
- Supportive, challenging, creative environment
- Small group sizes enabling more contact with tutors
- Staff are practising artists
- Final year exhibition at the Free Range graduate shows in London
- Good rate of progression to employment
- Excellent studios and facilities such as printmaking, life room, 3D crafts workshop, ceramics studio and darkrooms
Portfolio and interview.
Individual offer conditions will vary. Normally a relevant A Level or Level 3 Extended Diploma.
Industry experience may be taken into account.
Please complete a personal statement with your application (under 'My evidence' in the online application form).
Cross-college entry guide
During the first part of the course, students explore the range of specialist areas through practical workshops and inductions. After this, and for the rest of the course, students may specialise in painting, printmaking, drawing, sculpture, installation, photography or make work using a range of approaches to fine art without specialising in one area. There is no restriction on students moving between any of the specialisms at any point during the course.
The course includes workshops, crits and seminars, where students of all specialist areas meet to discuss their work and exchange ideas.
Through talks, discussions, gallery visits and their own research, students develop an awareness of the historical and contemporary context of fine art and the ability to critically evaluate their work and that of their contemporaries.
Throughout the course, students develop their professional practice as artists and have exhibitions both in college and in public spaces as well as taking part in other external projects.
- Practising fine artist
- Gallery or museum curator or arts administrator
- University or college art lecturer
- Secondary school or adult education art teacher
- Art therapist or art psychotherapist
- Community artist
- MA fine art student
- Photographer, video or website producer