Beauty Therapy | Level 3
Why this course?
Studying beauty therapy at Brighton MET is fun, exciting and will give you the skills, confidence and most importantly, the experience to progress into employment or further your skills through study.
Based in our professional salon facilities at Central Brighton Campus, you'll learn all the required elements for a career as an employed or self-employed beauty therapist. This vocational course will extend your skills as a beauty therapist by introducing you to a large range of specialist beauty treatments and give you the opportunity to develop your skills in customer service, communication and commerciality, all of which are highly valued by employers. This increased depth of knowledge will prepare you for work in salons, hotels, health and fitness spas, airlines, cruise liners and department stores in the UK or overseas.
On the course, you will:
- learn in brand new salon facilities (opened in 2021 as part of our multi-million-pound development of Central Brighton Campus)
- gain real-world experience by providing beauty treatments to paying customers
- be taught by expert tutors who will develop your skills and confidence necessary for this varied and exciting industry
To anyone wishing start on this Level 3 course, you must have successfully completed the Level 2 Diploma in Beauty Therapy. You will need to complete a weekly minimum of 4-5 hours home study and complete salon sessions outside class time to ensure that you maintain your Level 2 and Level 3 beauty skills.
For adult learners you must be aged 19+ and have a good level of English (reading, writing and comprehension). You must also provide a good reference.
You will be expected to present yourselves in a professional manner, be polite and courteous. You will attend college wearing a uniform, with your hair up, nails cut short and free from varnish, and strictly no jewellery or facial jewellery is allowed. You will be expected to arrive punctual and attend all classes. These are all requirements of the awarding body.
- Working in beauty related industries
- Facial electrotherapy treatments
- Body electrotherapy treatments
- Body massage
- Client care and communication in beauty related industries
- Health and safety practice in the salon
- Massage using aromatherapy oils
- Technological developments within the hair and beauty sector
Why this course at the MET?
- Excellent training facilities in six brand new hair & beauty salons and one state-of-the-art clinic
- Professional salons that are open to the public
- High-end industry branded equipment/products
- Highly skilled and qualified lecturers
- Lecturers have current industry experience
- Strong industry and employer links
Further study & future careers
These qualifications allow you to become a member of the British Association of Beauty Therapy and Cosmetology (BABTAC) or Federation of Holistic Therapists (FHT).
Whilst the primary purpose of this course is to prepare learners for employment, you may choose to develop your knowledge and skills further by completing a specialist qualification at Level 2 or 3 in beauty therapy, holistic therapies, sports therapy or make-up. Alternatively you could seek employment.
- Commercial salons
- Destination/day spas
- Cruise ships
- Independent/self-employed/mobile/home-based settings
This course is free (you do not have to pay fees) if:
- You are a UK citizen, hold EU Settlement Status or have a visa which could qualify you for home status.
- AND you are under 19 on 31 August in the year you are studying.
More information about fees for college courses and financial support for 16-19 year olds can be found here. Please speak to our Admissions team if you have any further queries: email@example.com | 01273 667704
- You will need to buy uniform and kit for the course (approximately £500)
- External trip to trade show: £20
- Portfolio and stationery: £5-10
Course fee discounts may apply depending on your circumstances.
Advanced Learner Loan
You may be eligible to apply for a loan to meet the course costs of your qualification fees. This is paid directly to the College on your behalf. For more information about Advanced Learner Loans, please click here.