Complementary Therapy - VTCT Diploma in Reflexology Level 3
Why this course?
You will learn skills in practical foot and hand reflexology; anatomy and physiology; business awareness; and health and safety. On successful completion, you can either be a self-employed therapist or work in a salon/spa.
The course runs on:
Friday 9am-12pm - you will study an Anatomy & Physiology lesson (this runs from 11 Jan - 21 June)
- Anatomy and physiology
- Business practice for complementary therapies
- Principles and practice of complementary therapies
Successful completion of this course can allow progression onto Advanced Reflexology courses and onto other holistic courses that are offered in the department.
Alternatively, you may wish to apply for one of the various positions available in the Reflexology industry. You will be recognised and insurable through professional bodies.
To prepare you for your course please read: Anatomy and Physiology for Holistic Therapists by F.Gould
You will need to devote sufficient time to the course at home, as home study is essential.
Why the MET?
You will have access to high-quality kits and products in our professional public salon and spa facilities, giving you the real-world experience valued by employers
The Beauty and Holistic team is staffed by highly-experienced tutors that are passionate about their subject areas and have excellent links with employers.
Without a doubt, one of the reasons we know you will love studying at Brighton MET is the location of our central campus. Right in the heart of Brighton’s world-famous North Laine, the College is within walking distance of all the city’s main amenities – the award-winning city library, the independent shops and eateries and the beach.
Facilities at Brighton MET
- Professional standard spas and salons open to the general public, providing a realistic working environment
- Use of high-end, industry branded equipment and products
- Additional training from external companies
- Library and computing facilities
- Access to the MET’s student services, including career advice and additional learning support
- Cafés with a wide range of reasonably priced meals, snacks and drinks
Views Katie Stanton
“I left teaching not knowing if a career in complementary therapies was for me but within weeks I knew I was doing the right thing. I thoroughly enjoyed my training and learnt a lot during my one-year course. I had amazing tutors - the support and guidance I was given was exceptional.”