Beauty Therapy | Thermal Auricular Therapy
Why this course?
This course teaches you to provide a relaxing and healing holistic therapy using hopi ear candles to help problems such as headaches, sinusitis and excessive or compacted ear wax.
This course covers the history, techniques and application of Thermal Auricular Therapy (Hopi Ear candling). By the end of the day, you will have sufficient knowledge and practice to apply the therapy in your clinic. The course includes all necessary equipment and candles.
Topics include providing treatment such as face and scalp massage, anatomy of the ear, health and safety, history, benefits, client care and communication.
This course is ideal if you wish to expand your skills as a professional beauty therapist. You will be awarded with a college CPD certificate, which will allow you to practice, and be insured through the FHT (Federation of Holistic Therapists).
This interesting short course is accredited with VTCT and is for existing beauty or complementary therapists wanting to add a new therapy to their practice, but can also be for those with no previous training who are thinking about embarking on a career in complementary therapies.
- Follow health and safety practice in the salon
- Client care and communication in beauty related industries
- Provide thermal auricular therapy
Why the MET?
You will have access to high-quality kits and products in our professional public salon and spa facilities, giving you the real-world experience valued by employers .
The Beauty and Holistic team is staffed by highly-experienced tutors that are passionate about their subject areas and have excellent links with employers.
Without a doubt, one of the reasons we know you will love studying at Brighton MET is the location of our central campus. Right in the heart of Brighton’s world-famous North Laine, the College is within walking distance of all the city’s main amenities – the award-winning city library, the independent shops and eateries and the beach.
- Professional standard spas and salons open to the general public, providing a realistic working environment
- Use of high-end, industry branded equipment and products
- Additional training from external companies
- Library and computing facilities
- Access to the MET’s student services, including career advice and additional learning support
- Cafés with a wide range of reasonably priced meals, snacks and drinks
The course fees are £90.00 for a one day workshop.
This is a full cost course with no concessions.