Sport | Boxing Academy | Diploma in Sporting Excellence (DiSE) England Boxing
Why this course?
Our nationally renowned boxing academy has worked closely with clubs from all over the south to produce amateur boxers who have won regional, national and international titles boxing for England and Great Britain. Boxers will study towards a level 3 NCFE in sport and a DiSE Level 3 in Excellence in Sporting Performance (boxing). Boxers are assessed on their knowledge of the sporting demands as well as their ability to demonstrate physical competencies.
The course is delivered by England Talent Pathway High Tier Coach, Adam Haniver. Adam is also a qualified Teacher, Sport Scientist, Coach Educator and Coach Developer. Boxers compete for their clubs only and must be registered on the England Boxing vault for the current season with an in-date medical. This course is only available to 16 - 18 year olds.
You can only apply to the boxing academy as part of a full-time Level 3 Sport NCFE qualification course find out more or click apply above and complete the enquiry form.
To join this course you must be on a full-time Level 2 or 3 NCFE or BTEC vocational course at the MET. Specific course entry requirements will apply.
4 GCSEs grade 4 or above, including English and Maths. Boxers who have not achieved grade 4 or above in Maths and English language are required to enrol again to achieve this level.
You must be medicalled and registered with an England Boxing Affiliated club. A boxing trial with the coach is required.
This course is only available to 16 - 18 year olds.
Please email email@example.com to start the application process.
The core modules covered include:
- Technical, Tactical, Physical, Mental
- Strength and Conditioning
- Health and Safety
Our highly experienced Boxing Coach, Adam Haniver also runs an informative podcast called The Boxing Coaches' Podcast about the world of coaching which you can tune into to find out more!
As part of your Study Programme you can gain:
- Level 3 in Excellence in Sporting Performance
- Level 2 or Level 3 Diploma in Sport
- Gain an England Boxing recognised coaching qualification
- Talent ID for the England Talent Pathway by our England Coach
- Potential to attend our annual two-week boxing training camp in Tenerife
- Level 1 qualifications in sport coaching (additional to boxing coaching badge)
- First aid qualification
- Sports Hall, astroturf and 3G pitches
- Fully-equipped free gym and boxing ring
- Direct access to the South Downs
- Access to Yellowave beach volleyball and Brighton Swimming centre
- Off-site MET student deals at Boulder Brighton, Freedom Leisure Pools and The Gym
- Access to the MET’s student services, including career advice and additional learning support
DiSE Boxing at the MET
DiSE (formerly AASE) is the perfect way to develop your boxing skills, gain vital academic qualifications and become easily ID'd for the England Talent Pathway. England Boxing have made a continued commitment to the education of their boxers to help them in their career pathways.
Upon completion of this course, you could go on to study another Level 3 course at the MET or consider going to university to continue your sports education.
You could go on to undertake a sports apprenticeship.
Our sports tutors and career advisors are here to advise and guide you and ensure that you remain on the right path for you and your chosen career.
- Amateur boxer
- Professional boxer
- Boxing coach
- Sports coach
- Sports/leisure assistant
- Fitness industry professional