Plumbing | BPEC Foundation Diploma in Plumbing - Level 1
Why this course?
The growing plumbing industry offers financially rewarding careers. This course will provide you with basic knowledge of plumbing practices.
This part-time evening course will provide you with basic knowledge of plumbing both theory and practical.
Our workshops are designed to provide you with learning facilities that simulate the workplace.
On successful completion, you can progress to a Level 2 Diploma or NVQ.
This part-time course is an evening class run on two evenings a week: Tuesday and Thursday.
To study this course you must have GCSE English and Maths grade 9-1 (A*-G).
You will be required to attend an interview with the course tutor.
Construction and Trades Centre
At the East Brighton Campus, the new purpose built Construction and Trades Centre will ensure you learn in a state of the art facility that re-creates real life working environments.
The centre provides industry standard facilities and tools where you can learn a wide range of the skills that employers are looking for. Our expert teachers will give you the confidence and knowledge to succeed, as well as a thorough understanding of the construction industry.
Progression and Careers
After Level 1, you can progress to Level 2, either full-time or as an apprentice.
- Self-employed plumber
- Heating engineer
- Hot and cold water systems designer
- Air-conditioning and refrigeration
- Site manager
Plumber or heating or ventilating engineer
- Examines drawings and specifications to determine layout of system.
- Measures and cuts required lengths of copper, lead, steel, iron, aluminium or plastic using hand or machine tools.
- Installs fittings such as storage tanks, cookers, baths, toilets, taps and valves, refrigerators, boilers, radiators and fires.
- Tests completed installation for leaks and makes any necessary adjustments.
- Attaches fittings and joins piping by welding, soldering, cementing, fusing, screwing or other methods.
- Repairs burst pipes and mechanical and combustion faults and replaces faulty taps, washers, valves, etc.
- Critical Thinking
- Active Learning
- Learning Strategies
- Reading Comprehension
- Active Listening