Formerly City College Brighton and Hove and Northbrook College

Accommodation in Brighton

There are several living arrangements you might want to consider whilst studying at the MET.

Living in Brighton

Brighton and Hove is a vibrant and multicultural city by the sea. It boasts a relaxed, cosmopolitan atmosphere, buzzing nightlife and thriving culture. Brighton is also a popular university city and so the demand for student accommodation is high. It is therefore vital that you do not leave your accommodation search to the last minute. Find out more about Brighton here.

The MET does not have halls of residence but here is some information about different options you may want to consider.

Please note that the independent services listed have not been vetted in any way by the MET.

If you are an International student, click here for accommodation information

Private accommodation

Private halls of residence

There are two within easy walking distance to our Central Campus: 

Property websites 

There are a large number of private property websites that advertise local accommodation. You may wish to start with dedicated student sites, such as:  

Private accommodation

Homestay accommodation (half-board) and Private Home (self-catering)

We can arrange single room accommodation for students in the home of a local host. This is a flexible option which you can book from a few weeks to help you settle in Brighton whilst you search for independent accommodation, or up to the whole academic year. 

Homestay: half board for £150 per week, with breakfast and dinner provided by the host.

Private home: self-catering for £120 per week, where you can be more independent, buying and cooking your own food. 

All homestay accommodation is inspected regularly by a member of the MET and meets British Council standards.

We can also arrange single rooms in self-catering international student houses starting from £185 per week, subject to availability.

Accommodation is organised via the International department, and subject to availability and the International department's terms and conditions. Please contact us on for more information.

Independent accommodation advice

MET applicants can access the services of Jackie Phillips, an independent accommodation adviser with a wealth of experience and knowledge for finding properties for students in the Brighton area. She specialises in student houses and long-term lets.

Jackie charges a one-off admin fee which includes finding suitable accommodation and helping with any problems during your tenancy, should they arise. 

For more information, contact Jackie on 01273 493409 or email

Living at home

If you are local to the area you may wish to continue living at home. If you choose this option, you will not be the only one. Around a third of our students studying for an undergraduate degree at Brighton MET live at home.

Living at home