Our year-round General English courses will help you to improve your English language skills specific to your particular level or need. You can start this course any Monday
Course aims and areasOur General English courses are available at a range of levels, with standard and intensive hours and flexible learning plans. We also offer afternoon skills classes to focus on communication, grammar and writing, or business and academic skills.
Our students range widely in age, nationality, location, background and goals. We offer everyone a supportive and effective learning environment and you will study with students that have a similar level of English to yourself.
- 15/20/25 lessons per week (1 lesson = 60 mins)
- General English: Monday - Friday, 9.00am - 12.30pm (15 hours)
- English skills: Monday - Thursday 1.30pm - 4.15pm (5 or 10 hours)
- Maximum class size: 14
- Minimum age: 16
- Available all year round (except Christmas and public holidays. See International Dates & Fees for details
Why the MET?
- Courses accredited by the British Council for the teaching of English
- Fully qualified and professional teaching staff.
- Multinational classes
- Immersion in UK college environment with opportunity to interact with English-speakers
- No hidden costs: course book and materials included
- Special offers for courses of 24 weeks or more (see Long-term English courses)
- Full access to college facilities: library and computer centre, canteen and free gym
- Dedicated international team providing support and advice
International fees can vary depending on the course you choose and how long you are studying for.
For full information about our international fees, please see our International fees guide.