International Foundation Programme - Media, Literature and Culture
The International Foundation Programme (IFP) is a one-year academic programme designed to prepare you for undergraduate study in the UK.
Course aims and areasThe Media, Literature and Culture Programme is the perfect choice if you are interested in a career in the creative and media industries. This programme provides academic preparation for first year entry into university and will enable you to meet the minimum English language requirement for entry to your chosen undergraduate degree programme.
This course is aimed at those who enjoy reading, discussion, literature, poetry, drama, culture, films, media studies, production and filming techniques. There is an equal balance of time spent on each aspect of the course and connections made between them.
You will study the impact of culture and media on society and there will also be the opportunity to learn the practical skills involved in video production and create your own media product. On the course you will also be able to increase your self-confidence in your ability to learn and develop the academic skills such as essay writing and research skills needed for Higher Education.
- The Pre 20th Century Novel
- Narrative Writing
- 20th Century Drama
- Introduction to the Study of Culture
- Culture and Ideology
- Post-Modernist Approaches to Culture
- Literature form the Counter Culture
- Print Media Production
- Media: Pre Production
- Media: Production-Film
- Media: Post Production
- Academic support
- English for Academic Purposes
- Extended Independent Academic Study
- A range of academic/study skill units
Why the MET?
- Experienced subject tutors specialised in working with learners on Access and pathway courses
- Accepted entry qualification for Higher Education
- Over 90% of our students had sufficient grades to enter the course of their first choice in UCAS application.
- Total Immersion in UK college environment
- All subject lessons are in the main college learning with UK students
- Multinational English and academic support classes
- Full access to college facilities: library and computer centre, canteen and free gym
- Dedicated international team providing support and advice
International fees can vary depending on the course you choose and how long you are studying for.
For full information about our international fees, please see our International fees guide.