International Foundation Programme - Psychology
The International Foundation Programme (IFP) is a one-year academic programme designed to prepare you for undergraduate study in the UK.
Course aims and areasThe Psychology Programme will enable you to apply for a degree in Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, Mental Health work, Criminology, Forensic Psychology, Humanities, Anthropology and Counselling.
This programme provides academic preparation for first year entry into university and will enable you to meet the minimum English language requirement for entry to your chosen undergraduate degree programme.
This course will develop your knowledge and skills across a broad spectrum of psychology related topics, such as social behaviour, conformity and obedience, psychopathology and research methods, and is ideal if you would like to pursue careers in child development or social work.
The course is also a starting point for a career working with people and/or as a Chartered Psychologist. There are many Divisions of Chartership to aim for at post-graduate level; including Clinical Psychology, Counselling Psychology, Research Psychology, Forensic Psychology, Occupational Psychology, Sports Psychology, Psychotherapy, Health Psychology and Educational Psychology.
- Social Psychology
- Cognitive Psychology
- Research Methods and Statistics
- Perspective in Psychology
- Stress Management
- Psychology of Criminal Investigation.
- Independent research project
- Reviewing and Planning for Future Study and Work
- Academic support
- English for Academic Purposes
- Using IT to Support Academic Study
Why the MET?
- Experienced subject tutors specialised in working with learners on Access and pathway courses
- Accepted entry qualification for Higher Education
- Over 90% of our students had sufficient grades to enter the course of their first choice in UCAS application.
- Total Immersion in UK college environment
- All subject lessons are in the main college learning with UK students
- Multinational English and academic support classes
- Full access to college facilities: library and computer centre, canteen and free gym
- Dedicated international team providing support and advice
International fees can vary depending on the course you choose and how long you are studying for.
For full information about our international fees, please see our International fees guide.