English language courses
English language courses at MET International
Brighton MET (formerly City College Brighton and Hove) is an excellent choice for English language learning. Our year-round courses and multi-national classes will help you to improve your English language skills specific to your particular level or need.
- We provide a range of English Language courses and examination preparation courses for students aiming to progress on to academic study or work.
- We also offer short vocational courses combined with English language training for teachers and those looking to enhance their business career.
The English Language courses we provide include:
- General English - Available at a range of levels, full and part-time options and flexible
learning plans, option to focus on communication or grammar and writing.
- IELTS Examination Preparation - A course to prepare for academic study in a UK college or university
- Cambridge Examination Preparation - Designed for higher level students who want to gain an internationally recognised English qualification
We also offer:
- Summer Vacation
- Long-term English
- Teacher Training CLIL
- International Business (summer)
English levels and exams explained
|User level||CEFR**||Level||Cambridge||IELTS||ESOL Skills for life||CEFR descriptions|
|8.5 – 9.0||-||Highly proficient – can use English very fluently,
precisely and sensitively in most contexts
|7.0 – 8.0||Level 2||Able to use English fluently and flexibly in a wide range of contexts|
|5.5 – 6.5||Level 1
||Can use English effectively, with some fluency, in a range of contexts|
|4.0 – 5.0||Entry 3||Can communicate essential points and ideas in familiar contexts|
|4.0 – 5.0/
3.0 – 3.5
||Can communicate essential points and ideas in familiar contexts|
|3.0 – 3.5||Entry 2
||Can communicate in English within a limited range of contexts|
|0 – 2.5||Entry 1
||Can communicate in basic English with help from the listener|
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call: +44(0) 1273 667752