Our Long-Term English study programme is perfect for students who want to study English in the UK for 6 months or longer. LTE allows you to study on a variety of intensive English language and examination courses.
Course aims and areasOur Long-Term English study programme is designed for students who want to spend 6 months or longer in the UK learning English. You can study general English, IELTS or Cambridge preparation courses during your stay at no extra cost.
Through a supportive learning environment which includes regular testing, tutorials and progress meetings, you will receive advice and guidance on the different study options available. To help you focus on your progress, the course fee includes at least one free exam: Cambridge FCE, Cambridge CAE, IELTS and IELTS for UKVI.
- 20/25 hours per week (1 hour = 60 mins)
- General English/Cambridge/IELTS: Monday - Friday, 9.00am - 12.30pm (15 hours per week)
- English skills: Monday - Thursday 1.30pm - 4.15pm (5 hours or 10 hours = 2 or 4 afternoons per week)
- Maximum class size: 14
- Minimum age: 16
- Available all year round (except Christmas and public holidays)
- See International Dates & Fees for details
Why the MET?
- Courses accredited by the British Council for the teaching of English
- Experienced teaching staff
- Multinational classes
- No hidden costs: course book and materials included
- Full access to college facilities: library and computer centre, canteen
- Dedicated international team providing support and advice
- Flexible exam options
International fees can vary depending on the course you choose and how long you are studying for.
For full information about our international fees, please see our International fees guide.