MET Progression Promise
A guaranteed place on a MET university-level course for MET Level 3 students*
- As a final-year Level 3 student, you are guaranteed to be offered a place on a MET university-level course - provided you complete your Level 3 course and meet any published entry requirements
- You can complete a simple application form without going through the UCAS application system
- You will not need to attend a formal interview
At the MET, we are incredibly proud of our students and believe in nurturing talent and helping our students to meet their full potential. In light of this, we have developed our ‘Progression Promise’ to ensure that all of our Level 3 students have the option of continuing their studies at the MET at a higher level, where appropriate courses are available.
At Level 3 our students prove themselves to be dedicated and capable. The MET's student achievement rates are in the top third of colleges in England (National Data Service 2018).
We are extremely proud of our students and their contribution in helping the MET continue its excellent standards. This is why we would like them to carry on studying with us at university level (higher education).
The Progression Promise will:
- Support students to choose the right university-level course for them
- Guarantee an offer on all MET university-level courses which are aligned to the students' Level 3 course* (subject to satisfactory grades)
Our own Level 3 students are the only group of students to whom we make this guarantee and it is our way of recognising their ability and value to the MET.
The scheme is linked to the course you are studying at Level 3. We have carefully identified university-level courses across the MET that provide a natural progression for our students. If there are no internal progression routes from a Level 3 course, we will support you in your next steps to either employment or further study elsewhere.
At the heart of the Progression Promise is our desire to ensure that our students have all the information they need to make good, informed and positive choices, and remain a MET student should they wish to.
The scheme allows us to do all we can to support our students to be successful and achieve the highest possible standards in their future study and life after university.
Note for international students - You may not be able to obtain a visa to study on a 'Foundation Degree (FdA/FdEng) course.
*for courses where there is an appropriate progression pathway and subject to meeting entry requirements