Learning Mentor Team
Our experienced Learning Mentors work with curriculum teams to support full time students, focusing on those who need extra support to achieve their full potential. The team:
- Work with a rolling case load of students, referred by staff or self-referral, to provide additional motivation and guidance, promoting excellent attendance, punctuality and conduct.
- Help students access specialist welfare support and guidance on issues such as:
- financial support
- bullying and discrimination
- sexual health concerns
- mental health issues and counselling
- or any other external factors which may impact the student's ability to achieve.
- Work alongside teaching staff and the careers team to develop progression plans for students.
Benefits, budgeting and financial support
The Learning Mentor Team can also give you information, advice and guidance on the following topics, referring you on to specialist agencies when necessary:
- Severe financial hardship
- Course related costs (equipment, travelling in to college, etc)
- Opening a bank account
Visit our Financial Assistance page for more information on what the College can provide.
Get in touch
Visit the team in the Student Centre at East Campus, or in PT6.02c at Central Campus.
The team run regular information sessions and events, and have an open door policy for students to drop in anytime.