Access To Higher Education Diploma: Business and Enterprise Level 3
This course enables you to gain the skills for further study in subjects such as law, marketing and economics.
Course aims and areasThis course provides an opportunity to study various aspects of business-related topics, from law and marketing, to the economic environment and entrepreneurship.
The course will enable you to make a decision about the area of business you wish to study further, while developing academic skills such as essay writing and research.
You will learn how to put together a professional presentation and ‘present’ to small groups of people, giving you the opportunity to explore your own style, practice and improve, all in a safe, constructive, supportive environment.
Your tutors will help you identify those areas that need improvement and give you the tools you need to develop, so that you are fully equipped to deal with independent study at higher education levels.
- Business and the economic environment
- Business environment international
- Human Resource Management and trade unions
- Extended Independent academic study
- A range of academic/study skill unit
Why the MET?
Our experienced teaching staff are passionate about their areas of expertise and are committed to helping you to attain your learning goals and meet your personal aims.
Without a doubt, one of the reasons we know you will love studying at Brighton MET is the location of our central campus.
Right in the heart of Brighton’s world-famous North Laine, the College is within walking distance of all the city’s main amenities – the award-winning city library, the independent shops and eateries and the beach.
There is no formal experience but there will be outside speakers and visits relevant to the programme.
Many students will continue to work part time whilst on the course, and all experience of the workplace (whether paid or not) is useful to draw on during group discussions.
On successful completion of this level 3 course you may wish to continue your studies at Brighton MET and follow one of the foundation degree courses, or continue to university either in Sussex or further afield.
90% of students go on the further study or full time employment. Many students from previous years have also started their own businesses.
The UCAS application process is undertaken with full tutor support in the first term of the access programme.
- Access to quality teaching resources, rooms and studios
- Online access to course documents, resources and study support through the MET’s virtual learning environment
- Library and computing facilities
- Access to the MET’s student services, including career advice and additional learning support
- Cafés and coffee bars with a wide range of reasonably priced meals, snacks and drinks
- A travel agency and a hair and beauty salon, both open to the public and offering exceptional value