Accountancy - AAT Level 4 - Professional Diploma in Accounting
Completion of this course can open doors into highly paid senior accountancy roles.
Course aims and areasThis course will allow you to develop a range of advanced skills in financial and management accounting and budgeting.
You will study two optional units, allowing you to concentrate on specialist areas of accountancy and will be required to complete a project.
This highly-regarded qualification will allow you to apply for membership of the AAT (subject to meeting the work experience requirements) and further your career.
- Drafting financial statements
- Managing budgets
- Evaluating financial performance
- Plus completion of a project
- Business tax
- Personal tax
- External auditing and credit management
- Cash and treasury management
Why the MET?
We have a wide range of courses, scheduled to accommodate busy lives. With this in mind, we offer part-time and evening options, with start dates in January, April and September.
This course is taught by a dedicated team of lecturers who are also professional accountants. Our experienced teaching staff are passionate and committed to helping you to attain your learning goals and meet your personal aims.
Without a doubt, one of the reasons we know you will love studying at Brighton MET is the location of our Central Campus. Right in the heart of Brighton’s world-famous North Laine, the College is within walking distance of all the city’s main amenities – the award-winning city library, the independent shops and eateries, and the beach.
The cost and whether or not you have to pay for your course depends on your age, circumstances and educational history. To find out which category applies to you, please visit our course fees page by clicking below.See more details
- Access to quality teaching resources, rooms and studios
- Online access to course documents, resources and study support through the MET’s virtual learning environment
- Library and computing facilities
- Access to the MET’s student services, including career advice and additional learning support
- Cafés and coffee bars with a wide range of reasonably priced meals, snacks and drinks
- A travel agency and a hair and beauty salon, both open to the public and offering exceptional value
Please also be aware that you will need to spend a considerable amount of time undertaking independent self-study to be successful.
It is also recommended that students re-acquaint themselves with the subject matter of their previous studies before starting the course.