Beauty Therapy - VTCT Extended Diploma Level 3
This course will help you pursue a career in beauty therapy.
Course aims and areasStudying Beauty Therapy at Brighton is fun, exciting and will leave you with the skills, confidence and most importantly, the experience, to progress into employment or further your skills through study.
This course is designed as a progression from Level 2 and is your passport to lifelong employment in the beauty industry. Discover a large range of specialist beauty treatments and develop your skills in customer service, communication and commerciality, all highly valued by employers.
You will learn exciting treatments such as micro-dermabrasion, electrical facial and body treatments, Swedish massage and manual tanning application alongside theory, including anatomy and physiology.
- Health and safety in the salon
- Client care and consultation
- Body analysis
- Skin analysis
- Swedish massage therapy
- Body electrical treatment
- Facial electrical treatment
- Electrical science
- Mechanical massage
- Anatomy and physiology for the face and body systems
- Managing a commercial column
- Manual tan application
- Promote and sell products and services
- Social media marketing for a hair or beauty business
- Planning and implementing promotional activities
Why the MET?
You will have access to professional commercial areas and a salon with paying customers giving you the real-world experience highly valued by employers.
Professional kits with high-quality products are available, as well as strong industry and employer links, external trips, guest speakers and product training.
Our experienced teaching staff are passionate about their areas of expertise and are committed to helping you to attain your learning goals and meet your personal aims.
Without a doubt, one of the reasons we know you will love studying at Brighton MET is the location of our central campus.
Right in the heart of Brighton’s world-famous North Laine, the College is within walking distance of all the city’s main amenities – the award-winning city library, the independent shops and eateries and the beach.
The cost and whether or not you have to pay for your course depends on your age, circumstances and educational history. To find out which category applies to you, please visit our course fees page by clicking below.See more details
How to apply
If you’d like to apply by post or in person, please click below.How to apply
Our beauty department has very strong links with local employers, many of whom started their own careers at Brighton MET.
You will have an opportunity to undertake work experience, which often leads to gaining a permanent position or making valuable contacts.
We hold an annual careers day where local, national and international employers will give seminars. This will give you valuable information and advice about progression opportunities and setting up your own businesses.
We also hold training days, trips to trade shows and have guest speakers to keep all of your training and knowledge current and up to date.
During the make-up course you may experience external trips or seminars with Kryolan, Mac and Bobbi Brown.
71% of past students went into industry related employment or self-employment
29% continued with further related education
On successful completion of Level 3 Beauty Therapy you may wish to continue your studies at Brighton MET and complete any of the following courses
- Level 4 Advanced beauty therapy
- Level 4 salon management
- Level 3 Complementary Therapy
- Level 4 / 5 Sports Massage
- Level 3 Extended Diploma in Theatrical & Media Hair and Makeup
- Level 2 Nail Technology
- Level 2 Hairdressing
- Level 2 Barbering
- Commercial salons
- Destination and day spas
- Nail salons
- Brand representative and retail
- Cruise liners
- Product trainer
- Self-employed, mobile or home-based therapist
- Care homes
- Makeup artistry
- Salon or spa reception
- Airlines or hotel chains
- Our Beauty department benefits from fantastic facilities that will provide you with a real-world training experience and a top education.
- Professional standard beauty and hairdressing salons that are open to the general public, providing a realistic working environment.
- The use of industry branded equipment and products, plus additional training from external companies, such as Eve Taylor.
- Cafés and coffee bars with a wide range of reasonably priced meals, snacks and drinks.
- Access to the MET’s student services, including career advice and additional learning support.
Kit and uniform approx. £200 TBC
External trip to trade show £20
alumni Views Lucy Yoxen
“The course has enabled me to begin a brand new career in something that I am passionate about and start my own business which is going from strength to strength.”
student Views Marta Jedrzejewska
““I have learnt lots of new skills over the past 2 years, and I liked the fact that I could complete additional enrichment courses to upskill. The tutors have given me confidence and are very supportive and I now feel fully prepared to begin my career within the beauty industry ””
student Views Mathilde Cimelli
“I have really gained confidence during this course and learnt professional techniques and skills.”