Beauty Therapy - VTCT Certificate in Nail Technology Level 2
This course will give you skills in a range of nail technology applications and will enable you to work in the industry as a manicurist and nail technician.
Course aims and areasYou will learn a range of range of skills, including how to professionally administer manicures and pedicures, apply gel nails and maintain salon health and safety. You will also learn about nail technology, plus anatomy and physiology.
Once successfully completed, you may be able to work as a nail technician, in hair or beauty salons, nail bars, hotels and also in a self-employed capacity.
There are various other courses at the MET you may want to attend, including Beauty Therapy, Indian Head Massage ,Body Massage and Aromatherapy.
- Health and safety
- Client care and communication
- Providing manicure services
- Providing pedicure services
- Providing nail enhancement services (gel nails)
Why the MET?
You will have access to professional commercial areas and high-quality kits and products in our public salon, giving you the real-world experience valued by employers.
The Beauty and Holistic team is staffed by highly-experienced tutors that are passionate about their subject areas and have excellent links with employers.
Without a doubt, one of the reasons we know you will love studying at Brighton MET is the location of our central campus. Right in the heart of Brighton’s world-famous North Laine, the College is within walking distance of all the city’s main amenities – the award-winning city library, the independent shops and eateries and the beach.
International fees can vary depending on the course you choose and how long you are studying for.
For full information about our international fees, please see our International fees guide.
- Professional standard beauty and hairdressing salons open to the general public, providing a realistic working environment
- High-end, industry branded equipment and products, plus additional training from external companies
- Library and computing facilities
- Access to the MET’s student services, including career advice and additional learning support
- Cafés with a wide range of reasonably priced meals, snacks and drinks
Additional costs: If accepted on to the course, you will need to place an order for the nail extensions and and manicure kits
Pre-entry preparation: Encyclopaedia of Nails by Jacqui Jefford & Anne Swain
Work experience opportunities: You will be encouraged to work in the industry and apply treatments outside of class time to build your skills