Beauty Therapy - VTCT Certificate in Sports Massage Level 3
This course covers all areas of sports massage.
Course aims and areasThis course is designed for the individual who has no or little knowledge of massage, but who wishes to work in the sports industry.
You will be taught anatomy and physiology, massage techniques, routine body analysis, and sports/injury management. A variety of teaching and learning methods are used including lecture, demonstration, individual project work group work and discussion.
On completion of the course, you may wish to go directly into industry or possibly progress onto Level 4 Sports Massage, where you will be taught more advanced techniques and gain further knowledge and skills.
This qualification enables the therapist to work in industry as a therapist in sport centres, a manager or clinic
owner or even to tutor level 1 - 3 sports massage practitioners.
- Anatomy and physiology for sports massage
- Principles of health and fitness
- Understanding the principles of soft tissue dysfunction
- Professional practice in sports massage
- Sports massage treatment
Why the MET?
You will have access to high-quality kits and products in our professional public salon and spa facilities, giving you the real-world experience valued by employers
The Beauty and Holistic team is staffed by highly-experienced tutors that are passionate about their subject areas and have excellent links with employers.
Without a doubt, one of the reasons we know you will love studying at Brighton MET is the location of our central campus. Right in the heart of Brighton’s world-famous North Laine, the College is within walking distance of all the city’s main amenities – the award-winning city library, the independent shops and eateries and the beach.
International fees can vary depending on the course you choose and how long you are studying for.
For full information about our international fees, please see our International fees guide.
How to apply
If you’d like to apply by post or in person, please click below.How to apply
- Professional standard spas and salons open to the general public, providing a realistic working environment
- Use of high-end, industry branded equipment and products
- Additional training from external companies
- Library and computing facilities
- Access to the MET’s student services, including career advice and additional learning support
- Cafés with a wide range of reasonably priced meals, snacks and drinks
There are no formal entry requirements to this course, but please be advised of the following:
- You will need a friendly mature attitude, good communication skills and take pride in your personal appearance.
- You must be 100% committed to the course duration.
- You should ideally be working in industry as you will be required to produce a logbook of at least 100 hours of massage treatment across a range of sports environment. This logbook must comprise a minimum of 12 clients who should be actively involved in a sport or physical activity. You will be required to attend various sports activities, races and marathons for additional practical log hours.
- You will also produce a case study containing at least 6 treatment sessions.
- Soft Tissue Release. Mary Sanderson ISBN 19033313X
- The Concise Book of Muscles Chris Jarmey ISBN 978190536115
- Sport and Remedial Massage Mel Cash ISBN 0091809568
alumni Views Davide Cappelletto
“I started studying massage therapy with the idea to go back into sport as a holistic therapist and Brighton MET gave me the knowledge and skills which are now the base of my career.”