Childcare and Education CACHE Technical Certificate Level 3 - year 2
A Childcare and Education CACHE Technical Certificate Level 3 will give you a qualification to allow you to work with children aged 0-5. The course is a mix of vocational and academic studies to prepare you for employment in a childcare setting or ga...
Course aims and areasStudying Childcare at Brighton MET will leave you with the skills, confidence and most importantly, the experience to further your skills in working with young children. It offers you the opportunity to work with children of a range of ages in a variety of settings so you not only gain the academic knowledge but also gain the practical skills needed to work within the childcare industry.
- Supporting Emergent Literacy
- Supporting Emergent Mathematics
- Preparing for School Readiness
- International Perspectives
- Reflective Practice for Professional Development
- Professional Partnerships in Early Years
- Professional Practice Portfolio
Why the MET?
- High quality work placement opportunities in a range of early years settings
- Block weeks in placement to experience all aspects of employment in an early years setting
- Experience different aspects of the early years and care sector through multiple placements
- Teachers and staff with excellent range of industry experience and theoretical knowledge
- High levels of progression to employment and apprenticeships
- Industry related trips and visits throughout the year
- Inspirational guest speakers
All 16-19 (full-time) courses are free to EU residents who are under 19 years old on the 31 August 2017. The only fees you have to pay are for specialist resources and equipment. The cost of these varies from £25 to £300 depending upon the subject you are studying.See more details
Our Care Department is well known to local settings in the community. We have good links with employers to ensure we can place students in a suitable setting that suits their needs and career aspirations You will develop work-related skills, knowledge and understanding as well as experience employment within the childcare sector.
Brighton MET is keen to offer our students work experience placements, particularly with the increasing importance for students to complete placements as part of their study programmes across all industry areas.
This is an exciting opportunity for employers and students alike to gain something valuable with long term benefits for the business and for students.
On successful completion of the Diploma you may progress onto university to study a related subject. Most students who progress onto university study Primary Teaching or Childhood Studies.
Most students gain employment in a nursery setting as an Early Years Educator or in a primary school as a Teaching Assistant. Some students also go to work abroad as Children’s Representative in a Holiday Club or work for a family as Nanny.
At Brighton MET East Campus we have many classrooms with computers to ensure students are able to get the support they need in writing their assessed assignments.
We also have an array of resources available to simulate a small nursery setting.
You will have to purchase a T-shirt for your placement uniform costing £10 and it is advised you purchase a textbook costing £25.