Sport - Fitness Instructing YMCA Certificate Level 2
This fitness instructor course will allow you to gain a qualification that will help you become a fitness or gym instructor.
Course aims and areasThe fitness industry is an ever expanding sector and there are a range of careers available including personal trainer or gym instructor.
To progress in these areas you’ll need to be certified and this course will do just that.
So if you’re interested in sport and leisure and would like to translate that into a career in the sports industry then this fitness instructor course will allow you to gain a Central YMCA Gym Qualification that will set you on your way to becoming a fitness or gym instructor.
Why the MET?
Our experienced teaching staff are passionate about their areas of expertise and are committed to helping you to attain your learning goals and meet your personal aims.
Without a doubt, one of the reasons we know you will love studying at Brighton MET is the location of our Central Campus.
Right in the heart of Brighton’s world-famous North Laine, the College is within walking distance of all the city’s main amenities – the award-winning city library, the independent shops and eateries and the beach.
International fees can vary depending on the course you choose and how long you are studying for.
For full information about our international fees, please see our International fees guide.
- Assesses the fitness levels of clients.
- Devises programmes of training appropriate to the needs of clients with varying levels of strength, fitness and ability.
- Demonstrates and leads fitness activities and supervises exercise classes.
- Ensures that clients do not injure themselves through over exertion or using incorrect training techniques.
- Plans and monitors personal fitness schedules.
- Understands the health and safety aspects of different forms of exercise and ensures that any statutory requirements are met.
- Learning Strategies
- Active Learning
- Active Listening
- Critical Thinking
- Reading Comprehension