Human Resources - CIPD Certificate in Human Resource Management Level 5
For those wishing to maximise their potential in the HR field, this course allows you to develop your career with a qualification respected by employers.
Course aims and areasThis course is set at undergraduate level and is perfect if you are looking to build on expertise in your chosen HR subjects and gain a professional level of CIPD Associate membership.
You may be hoping to develop a career in HR Management or wish to extend your professional level HR knowledge after studying a CIPD Level 3 course.
Level 5 Certificate Qualification - Six Units:
- Developing Professional Practice
- Business Issues and the Context of Human Resources
- Using Information in HR
- Resourcing and Talent Planning
- Employee Engagement
- Employment Law
Should you wish to complete the Level 5 Diploma Qualification, you would need to complete an additional two units.
Why the MET?
- Tutors who are HR qualified and have a breadth and depth of HR practitioner experience.
- Guest speakers from industry, researchers from Institute of Employment Studies, employment lawyers from Employment Law Ltd.
- Bespoke Career Planning Workshops are often available provided by local and experienced recruitment consultants such as Badenoch and Clark.
- Engaging and inspiring teaching and learning offering the perfect opportunity to focus on developing ‘You’.
- A platform to fast track your career and progress within the HR profession.
- Practical application of HR theories, models and frameworks.
The cost and whether or not you have to pay for your course depends on your age, circumstances and educational history. To find out which category applies to you, please visit our course fees page by clicking below.See more details
The College is in a prime location with an abundance of local businesses across private, public, voluntary/not-for-profit and SME sectors where they rely heavily on the expertise of HR professionals. Many employers utilise the college to advertise HR roles to seek future talent. In addition, the College partners closely with local recruitment consultants who share their knowledge of the local and regional job market, enabling you to further enhance your employability and career as a HR professional.
After this course, you may gain the confidence, knowledge and experience to move onto a new, more senior role or secure a promotion with your current organisation or an external one.
The college has a Learning Resource Centre which provides text books, journals and online cataloguing to support your studies. It also has study areas and computers to support you with your written assessments.
Learning Support is also available in addition to individual tutorials which can be organised via your Course Tutor.