TESOL Certificate Trinity College London CertTESOL Level 5
This intensive course in teaching English to speakers of other languages will give you the skills you need to teach in the UK or overseas.
Course aims and areasIf you are interested in becoming a TESOL teaching professional, this intensive course in teaching English will give you the skills you need.
This certificate is an internationally recognised qualification that will enable you to teach in the UK or overseas.
It is also accepted by the British Council as an appropriate qualification for teaching staff in their accredited language teaching organisations. This course is accredited at Level 5 within the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF).
- Unit 1 - Teaching Skill
- Unit 2 – Language Awareness and Skills
- Unit 3 – Learner Profile
- Unit 4 – Materials Assignment
- Unit 5 – Unknown Language
Why the MET?
- Well-established course
- High pass results (98%-100%)
- Excellent moderation reports
- High progression rates to employment (both locally and abroad)
International fees can vary depending on the course you choose and how long you are studying for.
For full information about our international fees, please see our International fees guide.
- Access to quality teaching resources, rooms and studios
- Online access to course documents, resources and study support through the MET’s virtual learning environment
- Library and computing facilities
- Access to the MET’s student services, including career advice and additional learning support
- Cafés and coffee bars with a wide range of reasonably priced meals, snacks and drinks
- A travel agency and a hair and beauty salon which are both open to the public and offer exceptional value
Applicants should be at least 20 years of age. In terms of qualifications, you must have at least qualifications for entry to higher education or the equivalent in terms of demonstrated academic and study potential.
Unless you have an English or foreign language degree, or have had some previous EFL/ ESOL teaching experience, we strongly recommend that you complete the Preparatory Course in TESOL before joining the TESOL Certificate Course.
- Assessment of teaching practice
- Written assignments/ reflective journals
- Project work
- External assessment of Unit 4
- End-of-course language awareness test