Teacher training CLIL
The aim of the course is to clarify the concept of CLIL and to focus on specific areas of language development for classroom management and instruction. We demonstrate teaching techniques transferable to a variety of subjects across the curriculum.
Course aims and areasThis course will clarify the concept of Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL) and to focus on specific areas of language development for classroom management and instruction. Participants examine aspects of second language acquisition theory relevant to CLIL teaching.
The course includes practical sessions on preparing CLIL micro lessons and delivering these lessons to the trainer and peers to put learned methodology and new ideas to practical use. All participants will then receive feedback.
Two afternoons focus on developing English language skills, the remaining afternoons are free for you to visit Brighton and surrounding places of interest.
- 20 lessons per week (1 lesson = 60 mins)
- 5 mornings: CLIL
- 2 afternoons: English skills
- Maximum class size: 14
- Minimum age: 18
Why the MET?
- Courses accredited by the British Council for the teaching of English
- Fully qualified and professional teaching staff
- Multinational classes
- Immersion in UK college environment with opportunity to interact with English-speakers
- No hidden costs: course book and materials included
- Full access to college facilities: library and computer centre, canteen and free gym
- Dedicated international team providing support and advice
International fees can vary depending on the course you choose and how long you are studying for.
For full information about our international fees, please see our International fees guide.