Electrical/Electronic Engineering - part-time HNC
This part-time course covers a broad syllabus for the more advanced student. The course is unit based and is designed to give a good grounding in several key topic areas, which are assessed via assignments for each unit.
- Taught by highly qualified industry experts
- Computer based design tools allow simulation and circuit design
- Well-equipped laboratory and electronics workshop with equipment to build and test final circuit designs
- Lab is equipped with computers and interactive smart board
The laboratory facilities provide a comprehensive set of test equipment, which allows for the staging of extensive practical experiments, design and testing activities, as well as the design and development of a wide range of circuits and equipment. The course also covers Programmable Logic Controllers, which are used by many industries.
Course entry requirements
Interview and normally a relevant Level 3 Extended Diploma or A Level (or equivalent), plus a technical assessment.
Please complete a personal statement with your application (under 'My evidence' in the online application form).
The course is unit based and is designed to give a good grounding in several key topic areas, which are assessed via assignments for each unit.
Students are expected to complete a project which demonstrates their ability and understanding, and which can be chosen in conjunction with their employer to address specific topic areas.
The tutors have extensive industry experience, which is reflected in the subject areas and content, and students learn in a supportive environment to aid their progress.
- Test engineer for electronics equipment supplier
- Trainee electronic design engineer
- Installation and commissioning engineer
- Service engineer
- Maintenance engineer
- Project design and management
- Installation and commissioning
- Quality control
- Maintenance and technical services
- Supervisor/production manager