Carpentry & joinery | City & Guilds Diploma in Carpentry and Joinery | Level 1
Why this course?
Our industry-experienced staff will teach you hand tool skills, allowing you to form basic woodworking joints and progress onto more complex projects such as small window frames.
We will also cover the principles of building and construction, and health and safety.
This course is part-time, two evenings a week. You will be taught in our specialist carpentry workshops at our East Brighton Campus.
A reasonable standard of literacy and numeracy is required. Interview required.
Fees and equipment
The course fees are shown in the table on the overview tab.
Level 2 entitlement
Course is free if you meet the following criteria
If you will be aged 19-23 when your course begins and you have not already achieved a full Level 2 or above, you may not have to pay any fees. For more information, please speak to our Admissions team: email@example.com | 01273 667704
Unemployed / Benefits waiver / Low wage
You may not have to pay any fees if you will be aged 19 or over when you begin this course and:
- You are in receipt of Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA) or Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- OR you are receiving a means tested benefit, earning less than £345 per month (take home) if you are a sole claimant or £552 a month if you have a joint claim with your partner, and are completing the course to improve your employability
- OR if you are working and earn less than £18,525 per year (gross pay)
You will need to provide evidence and sign a declaration when you enrol.
If the above does not apply to you, you may still be eligible for a subsidised fee. For more information, please speak to our Admissions team: firstname.lastname@example.org | 01273 667704
Additional costs and equipment
- Students must bring their own safety footwear, which they will be required to wear while in the workshop.
- All other materials and tools are provided by the College.