Electrical Installation - Level 2 Diploma
This course prepares you for work as an electrician in the building services. Our industry-experienced teachers will introduce you to a wide ranging set of skills, from working in a house installing sockets and lights, through to maintaining motors and machines in an engineering environment. There is a mix of theory lessons and practical work in the workshop.
Start at Level 2 if you have GCSE English, maths and science at grade 3 or above.
- Health and safety
- Electrical science
- Electrical installations technology
- Communication in the building sector
- Installing wiring and enclosures
Why this course at the MET?
- Knowledgeable tutors with current site experience
- Modern facilities
- High grade achievements
- Brand new blended learning environment
This course is run from our purpose-built construction and engineering centre at Northbrook MET's Broadwater Campus. The industry-standard facilities simulate a real working environment, with workshops designed to provide a learning experience that will prepare you for employment.
You will work alongside students studying other construction and engineering trades and benefit from this unique learning environment.
Broadwater Campus has excellent facilities, including our coffee shop (serving Starbucks beverages), canteen (hot and cold food and drink), Learning Resource Centre (Library) and access to research and IT facilities. Classrooms are equipped with projectors and screens to enhance your learning.
There will be four multi-choice examinations set by City & Guilds:
- Working effectively and safely in the electrotechnical environment
- Examination on the principles of electrotechnology
- Application of health and safety and electrical principles
- Installation (buildings and structures)
Also you will need to complete two assignments:
- 3 phase network measurements
- Mini installation in workshop area
Further study and future careers
Further study - you can progress to a Level 3 Diploma in either electrical installation or electrotechnology, either full-time or as an apprentice.
- Electrical engineer
- Industrial installer
- Project manager