Business | NCFE Diploma in Skills for Business | Level 2
Why this course?
This course will provide you with the relevant skills to pursue a career in business, work with a social enterprise, start up or work within a large corporate company.
Every type of business environment requires the ability to be organised, to use office equipment, work with others, deal with customers, answer the telephone, write letters, complete business documents and much more.
Over the course you will develop a range of practical skills and theoretical knowledge in the areas of enterprise, finance, marketing and team building in business.
- Receive individual support
- Learn organisational skills
- Develop customer service and digital skills
- Work with others
- Build your confidence
alumni Views Simon WebsterSimon is a is a UK Guest Artist for KMSHair, a member of The Fellowship For British Hairdressing and freelance educator. He studied Hairdressing at Brighton MET college over 30 years ago, winning our Annual Hair show in 1986.
student Views Olivia LajosThe course has given me confidence as I have had to interact and communicate with other students and the teachers.
At least three GCSEs grade 3 (D/E) or above, including English and maths.
If you do not have these grades you can start on the Level 1 Get Started course.
- Enterprise in the business world
- Finance for business
- Small business planning
- Principles of marketing
Why the MET?
At the MET, we provide more than just your chosen qualification. All students are enrolled on a specialised Study Programme, which is tailored to your specific educational needs.
Through partnerships with local employers, we will help you become 'work-ready' through work experience, placements, industry visits, job shadowing and real-life projects.
There are also lots of free activities and initiatives for you to get involved with to help you make the most of your time at college. These are excellent opportunities to make new friends, help other students, improve your health and wellbeing, and boost your CV.
- Access to quality teaching resources, rooms and studios
- Online access to course documents, resources and study support through the MET’s virtual learning environment
- Library and computing facilities
- Access to the MET’s student services, including career advice and additional learning support
- Cafés and coffee bars with a wide range of reasonably priced meals, snacks and drinks
- A travel agency and a hair and beauty salon, both open to the public and offering exceptional value
You will be ready for a career in business. If you have successfully completed the Level 2 Certificate, you could go on to a Level 3 course, and apprenticeship or employment.
There are a wide range of opportunities you can pursue after studying business.
You could go on to gain a role in a small or large organisation, start your own business or become a specialist in a particular area such as:
- Marketing or advertising
- Accounting or finance
- Customer service
- Human resources
- Entrepreneur/small businesses
This course is free (you do not have to pay fees) if:
- You are a UK citizen, hold EU Settlement Status or have a visa which could qualify you for home status.
- AND you are under 19 on 31 August in the year you are studying.
More information about fees for college courses and financial support for 16-19 year olds can be found here. Please speak to our Admissions team if you have any further queries: email@example.com | 01273 667704