Introduction to Childcare & Early Years Education | Level 1
Why this course?
The Level 1 course enables you to gain valuable skills and work experience to progress onto further study and move towards the early years career of your choice.
Being on a Level 1 course, you will receive excellent help and support from experienced tutors and teaching assistants. Working in small classes, you will notice your confidence and self-esteem grow. Level 1 also boosts your social skills and ability to get on with a variety of people. Your study programme will also include some supported English and Maths sessions and provide a first step towards gaining qualifications.
Our tutors have wide ranging experience which supports their teaching, including roles as school governors, early years teachers, nursery nurse/playgroup supervisors and first aid practitioners. The course provides:
- Fantastic links with local hospitals, schools and nurseries
- Work placements for practical experience
- Inspirational guest speakers
- High progression rate to employment
At the end of this course you will achieve a level 1 certificate in caring for children.
Start at Level 1 if you have at least 2 GCSEs at grade 2 (F) or above, preferably including English and maths. Plus, two references; one from working with children and an enhanced DBS.
This course allows you to gain an introductory qualification and develop your skills to progress to a Level 2 course in Childcare or Health & Social Care. You will complete a work placement in your chosen area and the course content will reflect your area of interest.
All students gain valuable skills and confidence to progress onto further study.
- Healthy living
- Learning through play
- Craft activities
- Self development
Why the MET?
- High levels of progression to Level 2 qualifications
- High-quality work placement opportunities in a range of settings, so you can experience multiple aspects of early years
- Industry-experienced teaching staff who are passionate about their areas of expertise and are committed to helping you to attain your learning goals and meet your personal aims
After this course
After successful completion of Level 1, you can progress to Early Years or Health & Social Care Level 2 courses or a different programme of your choice.
Alternatively, you may want to seek employment or begin an apprenticeship.
- Healthcare support services
- Care worker
- Social worker
- Nursery practitioner
Course fees and finance
Course is free if you meet the following criteria
You may not have to pay any fees if you will be aged 19 or over when you begin this course and:
- You are in receipt of Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA) or Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- OR you are receiving a means tested benefit, earning less than £345 per month (take home) if you are a sole claimant or £552 a month if you have a joint claim with your partner, and are completing the course to improve your employability
- OR if you are working and earn less than £18,525 per year (gross pay)
You will need to provide evidence and sign a declaration when you enrol.
If the above does not apply to you, you may still be eligible for a subsidised fee. For more information, please speak to our Admissions team: firstname.lastname@example.org | 01273 667704
If you will be aged 19-23 when your course begins and you have not already achieved a full Level 2 or above, you may not have to pay any fees. For more information, please speak to our Admissions team: email@example.com | 01273 667704