Introduction to Childcare & Early Years Education | Level 1
Why this course?
The Level 1 course enables you to gain valuable skills and work experience to progress onto further study and move towards the early years career of your choice.
Being on a Level 1 course, you will receive excellent help and support from experienced tutors and teaching assistants. Working in small classes, you will notice your confidence and self-esteem grow. Level 1 also boosts your social skills and ability to get on with a variety of people. Your study programme will also include some supported English and Maths sessions and provide a first step towards gaining qualifications.
Our tutors have wide ranging experience which supports their teaching, including roles as school governors, early years teachers, nursery nurse/playgroup supervisors and first aid practitioners. The course provides:
- Fantastic links with local hospitals, schools and nurseries
- Work placements for practical experience
- Inspirational guest speakers
- High progression rate to employment
Start at Level 1 if you have at least 2 GCSEs at grade 2 (F) or above, preferably including English and maths. Plus, two references; one from working with children and an enhanced DBS.
This course allows you to gain an introductory qualification and develop your skills to progress to a Level 2 course in Childcare or Health & Social Care. You will complete a work placement in your chosen area and the course content will reflect your area of interest.
All students gain valuable skills and confidence to progress onto further study.
- Healthy living
- Learning through play
- Craft activities
- Self development
Why the MET?
- High levels of progression to Level 2 qualifications
- High-quality work placement opportunities in a range of settings, so you can experience multiple aspects of early years
- Industry-experienced teaching staff who are passionate about their areas of expertise and are committed to helping you to attain your learning goals and meet your personal aims
After this course
After successful completion of Level 1, you can progress to Early Years or Health & Social Care Level 2 courses or a different programme of your choice.
Alternatively, you may want to seek employment or begin an apprenticeship.
- Healthcare support services
- Care worker
- Social worker
- Nursery practitioner
Course fees and finance
This course is free (you do not have to pay fees) if:
- You are a UK citizen, hold EU Settlement Status or have a visa which could qualify you for home status.
- AND you are under 19 on 31 August in the year you are studying.
More information about fees for college courses and financial support for 16-19 year olds can be found here. Please speak to our Admissions team if you have any further queries: firstname.lastname@example.org | 01273 667704