Care, Leadership and Management - Level 5 Higher Apprenticeship
This apprenticeship is suitable for individuals working in a leadership and management role within residential services, domiciliary care services or day services. This training supports the broader aims of the care sector to develop an increasingly skilled, flexible and effective workforce whilst maintaining high-quality care for patients.
You will develop the strategic and leadership skills needed to succeed within senior health and social care roles. You will achieve a nationally recognised level five apprenticeship.
This apprenticeship is suitable for individuals working in a leadership and management role within residential services, domiciliary care services or day services.
Entry requirements can include:
- at least five GCSEs grades A – C (9 – 4 on the new grading system)
- a Level 3 qualification, including A levels, NVQ/SVQ Level 3, or a BTEC National
Am I eligible?
Anyone aged 16 or over can apply for an apprenticeship. You cannot be self-employed and must have lived in the UK or EU for the past three years to be eligible.
This programme requires the learner to already be employed in a health and social care role.
This framework will support you to achieve the following modules:
- Professional Development
- Leading and Managing a Team Within Health and Social Care
- Leading Person Centred Practice
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Developing Health, Safety and Risk Management
- Developing Systems that Promote Communication
- Principles of Safeguarding and Protection
Why the MET?
The College has a Learning Resource Centre which provides text books, journals and online cataloguing to support your studies. It also has study areas, computers to support written assessments.