Catering & Hospitality - Level 2 Qualification (Professional Cookery and Food & Beverage Service)
Our popular fine dining restaurant, coffee shop and industrial kitchens provide an ideal environment to learn the skills needed for a career in the hospitality industry. At Level 2 you have the option to split the course over two years; food and beverage in the first year and professional cookery in the second. Alternatively, you can compress both into one year.
Start at Level 2 if you have at least 3 GCSEs at grade 3 or above, including English and maths.
• Restaurant kitchen skills
• Knife handling
• Preparing, cooking and finishing dishes
You also have the option to split the course over two years; food and beverage in the first year and professional cookery in the second.
Why this course at the MET?
• Popular public restaurant
• Industry-standard refurbished kitchens
• Opportunities to work with celebrity chefs
• Visits to hotels and restaurants
• Themed evenings, community and charity events
After Level 2 you can seek employment or progress to Level 3, either full-time or as an apprentice.