Computing and IT - Level 2 Certificate
This course has been designed closely with industry experts to ensure we deliver the latest knowledge in computer hardware, technology systems, game development and customising software.
We pride ourselves in keeping up to date and our courses provide a sound theoretical and applied perspective to modern computing and IT topics.
You will develop your programming skills and get hands-on experience in the installation and configuration of software and hardware.
The course also provides you with the opportunity to develop the personal skills and attributes essential for successful performance in working life.
At the MET, we celebrate ambition and strive to equip our students with the skills necessary for a life and career in the modern world. Our IT suites and quality learning resources provide a fantastic environment to explore course areas and gain the knowledge that employer’s value. Our Aviation Centre is purpose-built for practical training and our links to local and national businesses benefit all students in the exciting sector of business, IT and travel.
Start on this Level 2 course if you have at least three GCSEs at grade 3 (D/E) or above, including English and maths.
- Online world
- Technology systems
- Creating a digital portfolio
- Creating animations
- Spreadsheet development
- Database development
- Web design
Why the MET?
- Industry-experienced teachers
- Well-equipped computer labs
- Wide variety of software
- Hardware lab with server/networking capabilities
- Strong ties with industry
- Latest Intel i7 PCs with 16GB RAM with the latest Microsoft applications, development platforms, utilities and software
- Online access to course documents, resources and study support through the MET’s virtual learning environment
- Access to the MET’s student services, including career advice and additional learning support
- Cafés with a wide range of reasonably priced meals, snacks and drinks
- A travel agency and a hair and beauty salon, both open to the public
Northbrook MET is keen to offer our students work experience placements, particularly with the increasing importance for students to complete placements as part of their study programmes across all industry areas.
This is an exciting opportunity for employers and students alike to gain something valuable with long term benefits for the business and for students.
After successfully completing this course, you may wish to progress your skills and knowledge by moving onto the BTEC Level 3 Subsidary and Extended Diploma in IT, before progressing to university level courses.
Alternatively, you can enter the IT industry at a junior level.
Future careers include:
- Web developer
- Network engineer/technician
- Digital forensic analyst
- IT Support
- Software engineer
- Software developer
- Games developer
- Systems analyst