Computing and IT | BTEC Certificate in Information and Creative Technology | Level 2
Why this course?
This course has been designed with industry experts to ensure we deliver the latest knowledge in computer hardware, technology systems, games development and customising software.
You will develop programming skills and get hands-on experience in the installation and configuration of software and hardware. You will also have the opportunity to develop the personal skills and attributes essential for successful performance in working life.
At least three GCSEs grade 3 (D/E) or above, including English and maths.
If you do not have these grades, start on the Level 1 introductory course.
- Online world
- Technology systems
- Creating a digital portfolio
- Creating animations
- Spreadsheet development
- Database development
- Web design
Why the MET?
- Industry-experienced teachers
- Well-equipped computer labs
- Wide variety of software
- Hardware lab with server/networking capabilities
- Strong ties with industry
- Latest Intel i7 PCs with 16GB RAM with the latest Microsoft applications, development platforms, utilities and software
- Online access to course documents, resources and study support through the MET’s virtual learning environment
- Access to the MET’s student services, including career advice and additional learning support
- Cafés with a wide range of reasonably priced meals, snacks and drinks
- A travel agency and a hair and beauty salon, both open to the public
After Level 2 you can progress onto the Level 3 diploma either full-time or as an apprentice.
Future careers include:
- Web developer
- Network engineer/technician
- Digital forensic analyst
- IT Support
- Software engineer
- Software developer
- Games developer
- Systems analyst
UK and EU students do not have to pay fees if they are under 19 on 31 August in the year they are studying.
More information about fees for college courses and financial support for 16-19 year olds can be found here.