Access to Higher Education Diploma - Computing Level 3
Why this course?
You will study a variety of units including relational database design, programming, hardware, software, networking and mathematics for computing.
You will obtain good knowledge and technical skills to help you gain employment in the computing industry at a junior level.There is no formal work experience but there will be outside speakers and visits relevant to the course.
On successful completion of this Level 3 course you may wish to continue your studies on the HND Computing course at Brighton MET or any university in the UK. Although this is a feeder course into university, we have had several students who decided not to attend university and sought employment directly after completing the course.
Access to HE course fees are TBC for the academic year 2020/2021.
• Introduction to programming
• Programming – data structure and file handling
• Programming – selection and repetition
• Setting up and populating a set of tables in a database application
• Querying and manipulating tables in a database application
• Bytes to buses
• Data collection and analysis
• Hardware and software
• Extended independent academic study (computing)
• Reviewing and planning for the future
• Academic study skills
• Algebra and graphs
• Essay skills
Why the MET?
We have the most up-to-date computing facilities including;
• Latest generation 6 Intel i7 CPU with 16 GB RAM and 2TB hard disk
• 22" widescreen monitors
• Log in with full administrative rights
• Our private development network isolated from the rest of the college
• An array of latest generation virtualisation servers
• 12TB of development storage
• Fast internet connection (over 75 Mbps up and down)
• Unlimited Google Drive storage
- Access to two isolated laboratories where you will learn to create software programs, network computers, build PCs, diagnose hardware and software faults
- Online access to course documents, resources and study support through the MET’s virtual learning environment
- Access to the MET’s student services, including career advice and additional learning support
- Cafés with a wide range of reasonably priced meals, snacks and drinks
- A travel agency and a hair and beauty salon, both open to the public and offering exceptional value