Computing & Digital Technologies | OCR Level 2 Diploma in IT
Why this course?
Computing and digital skills are essential in almost every industry and business. Our courses have been designed in collaboration with industry experts to ensure we deliver the latest knowledge in areas such as computer hardware, computer networks, cyber security, cloud computing and virtual augmented reality.
As you progress through your courses, you will develop programming skills and get hands-on experience in the installation and configuration of software and hardware.
- Industry-experienced teachers
- Well-equipped computer laps with Intel i7 PCS with 15GB RAM
- Wide variety of the latest applications, software and development platforms
- Access to full administrator rights on a development network
- Strong ties with industry and work experience opportunities
At least three GCSEs grade 3 (D/E) or above, including English and maths.
If you do not have these grades, start on the Level 1 introductory course.
- Latest Intel i7 PCs with 16GB RAM with the latest Microsoft applications, development platforms, utilities and software
- Online access to course documents, resources and study support through the MET’s virtual learning environment
- Access to the MET’s student services, including career advice and additional learning support
- Cafés with a wide range of reasonably priced meals, snacks and drinks
- A travel agency and a hair and beauty salon, both open to the public
After Level 2 you can progress onto the Level 3 diploma either full-time or as an apprentice.
Future careers include:
- Web developer
- Network engineer/technician
- Digital forensic analyst
- IT Support
- Software engineer
- Software developer
- Games developer
- Cyber security
- Business analyst
- Desktop support
- Sever support
UK and EU students do not have to pay fees if they are under 19 on 31 August in the year they are studying.
More information about fees for college courses and financial support for 16-19 year olds can be found here.