Computing and Digital Technologies | Level 3
Why this course?
Computing and digital skills are essential in almost every industry and business. Our courses have been designed closely with industry experts to ensure we deliver the latest knowledge in areas such as computer hardware, computer networks, cyber security, cloud computing and virtual & augmented reality.
As you progress through your course, you will develop programming skills and get hands-on experience in the installation and configuration of software and hardware.
- Industry-experienced teachers
- Well-equipped computer labs with Intel i7 PCs with 16GB RAM
- Wide variety of the latest applications, software and development platforms
- Access to full administrator rights on a development network
- Strong ties with industry and work experience opportunities
Year 1 - Introductory Diploma
Year 2 - Extended Diploma
Virtual and Augmented Reality
Why the MET?
All classrooms are equipped with the latest Intel i7 PCs with 16GB RAM with the latest Microsoft applications, development platforms, utilities and software.
You will use practical equipment and demonstration hardware, and will have full administrator rights on a development network.
Our experienced teaching staff are passionate about their areas of expertise and are committed to helping you to attain your learning goals and meet your personal aims.
Without a doubt, one of the reasons we know you will love studying at Brighton MET is the location of our central campus.
Right in the heart of Brighton’s world-famous North Laine, the College is within walking distance of all the city’s main amenities – the award-winning city library, the independent shops and eateries and the beach.
- Latest Intel i7 PCs with 16GB RAM with the latest Microsoft applications, development platforms, utilities and software
- Online access to course documents, resources and study support through the MET’s virtual learning environment
- Access to the MET’s student services, including career advice and additional learning support
- Cafés with a wide range of reasonably priced meals, snacks and drinks
- A travel agency and a hair and beauty salon, both open to the public
On successful completion of this Level 3 Diploma, most students progress on to the Level 3 Extended diploma at Brighton MET, before progressing to university level courses.
Future careers include:
- Web developer
- Network engineer/technician
- Digital forensic analyst
- IT Support
- Software engineer
- Software developer
- Games developer
- Systems analyst
This course is free (you do not have to pay fees) if:
- You are a UK citizen, hold EU Settlement Status or have a visa which could qualify you for home status.
- AND you are under 19 on 31 August in the year you are studying.
More information about fees for college courses and financial support for 16-19 year olds can be found here.
Please speak to our Admissions team if you have any further queries: firstname.lastname@example.org | 01273 667704