Construction - (FC) Level 2 Painting & Decorating NVQ
This course will teach you the skills you will need to work within the painting and decorating industry. You will practice in our workshop that stimulates real working conditions. On successful completion, you can enter employment or progress onto Level 3.
The learner will learn key practical skills and knowledge in these mandatory units:
- Erecting and Dismantling Access/Working Platforms in the Workplace
- Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace
- Conforming to Productive Working Practises in the Workplace
- Moving, Handling and Storing Resources in the Workplace
- Applying Paint Systems by Brush and Roller in the Workplace
- Preparing surfaces for painting/decorating in the workplace
Why the MET?
You will be assessed by highly experienced assessors who have years of collective knowledge and industry experience between them.
Our experienced assessors’ are passionate about their areas of expertise and are committed to helping you to attain your learning goals and meet your personal aims.
This course provides links with local employers.
Painter or decorator
- Erects working platform or scaffolding up to five metres in height.
- Prepares surfaces by cleaning, sanding and filling cracks and holes with appropriate filler.
- Applies primer, undercoat and finishing coat(s) using brush, roller, or spray equipment.
- Mixes adhesive or removes self-adhesive backing and positions covering material on wall, matching up patterns where appropriate and removing wrinkles and air bubbles by hand or brush.
- Stains, waxes and french polishes wood surfaces by hand.
- Active Listening
- Learning Strategies
- Active Learning
- Critical Thinking
- Reading Comprehension