Current Covid-19 health & safety measures
In line with government guidance, face coverings are no longer advised for students, staff and visitors either in classrooms or in communal areas. There may be limited situations where face coverings are required as an additional control measure for an enclosed or crowded space – these will be identified via specific risk assessments and individuals informed accordingly. You are of course free to continue to wear a face covering if you wish.
The following health & safety measures remain in place:
- Staff and students are asked to regularly wash or sanitise their hands.
- Adequate ventilation is in place within each room.
- Touched surfaces (such as doors) are cleaned regularly throughout the College day.
- Staff and students are asked to wipe down desks and equipment at the end of each lesson.
- Both staff and students should continue to test themselves twice a week using home test kits - these are available from each reception desk. Test results (positive, negative and void) should be reported to both the College and the NHS.
- Absences related to Covid-19 are reported separately from the usual absence procedure, via this form.
All of our measures are kept under regular review and may change in response to local and national advice and guidance. Staff and students will be updated with any changes via their college emails.