Coronavirus advice from Public Health England
We have received the following advice from Public Health England:
- Students, staff and parents/carers/guardians should not be unduly worried about the possibility of catching the Coronavirus.
- PHE and the office of the Chief Medical Officer are clear in their advice that schools/colleges do not need to close.
- Public Health England (PHE) is working with partner organisations to take measures to prevent further spread of the virus.
- Anyone who may have been in contact with the virus is currently being identified and will be contacted directly by PHE.
- If you have not been contacted by PHE as a close contact, you do not need to take any action.
- Please help to promote basic hygiene practices, such as regularly washing hands and always coughing/sneezing into a tissue, to stem the spread of viruses.
Further advice is available at https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus