Counselling (Helping Skills) | NCFE Award Level 2
This course will help you build upon and consolidate your interpersonal skills and knowledge. It is also designed to further careers in counselling; health and social care; childcare; or learning and development. You will learn effective communication skills and engage in a one-to-one helping relationship.
The mandatory units for this course are:
- Using counselling skills
- Introduction to counselling skills theories
- Diversity and ethics in the use of counselling skills
- Counselling skills and personal development
Click here to see fee information.
|CM0052-1C||25 Sep 2019||Central Brighton||5.00pm - 9.00pm||10 weeks||£330.00|
|CM0052-1C||25 Sep 2019||Central Brighton||9.30pm - 2.00pm||10 weeks||£330.00|
|CM0054-1C||14 Jan 2020||Central Brighton||5.00pm - 9.00pm||10 weeks||£330.00||Apply|
|CM0053-1C||15 Jan 2020||Central Brighton||9.30am - 2.00pm||10 weeks||£330.00||Apply|
|CM0059-1C||21 Apr 2020||Central Brighton||9.30am - 2.00pm||10 weeks||£330.00||Apply|
|CM0059-1C||21 Apr 2020||Central Brighton||5.00pm - 9.00pm||10 weeks||£330.00||Apply|
Discounts may be available depending on your circumstances, please see our finance information.
- You must be 18+
- Some related experience
- Interview required
Facilities at Brighton MET
- Access to quality teaching resources, rooms and studios
- Online access to course documents, resources and study support through the MET’s virtual learning environment
- Library and computing facilities
- Access to the MET’s student services, including career advice and additional learning support
- Cafés and coffee bars with a wide range of reasonably priced meals, snacks and drinks
- A travel agency and a hair and beauty salon which are both open to the public and offer exceptional value
As this is a skills-based course, you are required to have relevant work experience prior to starting the course. There is no direct work experience organised by the College but the majority of students continue working while applying their skills learnt on the course.
On successful completion of this course, you may wish to progress to the NCFE Level 3 Award in Counselling Skills and Theory.
Alternatively, you could also progress to:
- Level 2 and 3 qualifications in Conflict Management
- Level 2 and 3 qualifications in Health Care and/or Health and Social Care
- Level 3 Certificates in Counselling Skills and Theory/Developing Counselling
Or use the transferable skills to study:
- Level 2 NVQ in Advice and Guidance Support
- Level 3 NVQ in Advice and Guidance
- Level 3 qualifications in Workplace Mentoring
The course will not qualify you to be a counsellor but may help you to decide whether or not to continue training as one.