Cyber Security | Intermediate course | Level 2
Why this course?
Building on the areas covered in stage one modules, this stage will focus on the generic application of VR in various skill shortage areas. Typically areas to be covered will include:
- Threat landscape, cyber security threats, keeping up to date
- Access control, passwords, two-factor authentication
- Malware: types of malware, attack vectors, preventing infection
- Networking and communications: fundamentals, security challenges, standards
- Network security: firewalls, virtual private networks, intrusion detection / prevention
- Cyber security laws, recovering from attacks
- Managing security risks: risk analysis and management
This course is free of charge. Booking is via Eventbrite, select apply below.
Click here to see fee information.
|CM0696-1C||31 Jan 2023||Northbrook College, West Durrington Campus||Tuesday, 9.30am - 12.30pm (Group A) or 1.30pm - 4.30pm (Group B)||8 weeks||£0.00|
Progression and careers
Following on from Level 2 students can progress to our Level 3 courses Diploma / Extended Diploma in Computing or T Level in Digital Business Services or Digital Support Services.
This short course can open up doors in industries such as;
- Digital Support Service Technician
- Network Engineer
- Digital Forensic Analyst
- IT Support
- Cyber Security
- Business Analyst
- Server Support
The fee for adults enrolling in this course is £25.
This will be refunded on completion of the course to those that are still attending.
Please note: there is a fee of £50 for international students.