Painting & Decorating | Decorative Finishing Occupations NOCN Diploma - NVQ - Level 2
Why this course?
This NVQ is delivered in your workplace and can start at any point throughout the year. It has been designed to develop and recognise your skills, knowledge and competence so that you can work in decorative finishing and industrial painting occupations, or progress to further training. There are five compulsory units covering health, safety and working practices, as well as preparing surfaces and applying paint systems.
The date below is given as an example, you can start this course anytime.
Click here to see fee information.
|CM0185-1C||01 Aug 2019||External||You can start this course at any given time. You will not have to attend college, as this is an on-site assessment.||18 months||£1,300.00|
Discounts may be available depending on your circumstances, please see our finance information.
The learner will learn key practical skills and knowledge in these mandatory units:
- Erecting and Dismantling Access/Working Platforms in the Workplace
- Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace
- Conforming to Productive Working Practises in the Workplace
- Moving, Handling and Storing Resources in the Workplace
- Applying Paint Systems by Brush and Roller in the Workplace
- Preparing surfaces for painting/decorating in the workplace
Why the MET?
You will be assessed by highly experienced assessors who have years of collective knowledge and industry experience between them.
Our experienced assessors’ are passionate about their areas of expertise and are committed to helping you to attain your learning goals and meet your personal aims.
This course provides links with local employers.
Painter or decorator
- Erects working platform or scaffolding up to five metres in height.
- Prepares surfaces by cleaning, sanding and filling cracks and holes with appropriate filler.
- Applies primer, undercoat and finishing coat(s) using brush, roller, or spray equipment.
- Mixes adhesive or removes self-adhesive backing and positions covering material on wall, matching up patterns where appropriate and removing wrinkles and air bubbles by hand or brush.
- Stains, waxes and french polishes wood surfaces by hand.
- Active Listening
- Learning Strategies
- Active Learning
- Critical Thinking
- Reading Comprehension