Painting & Decorating | NOCN NVQ Diploma in Decorative Finishing Occupations | Level 2
Why this course?
This NVQ is delivered in your workplace and can start at any point throughout the year. It has been designed to recognise and develop your skills, knowledge, and competence so that you can work in decorative finishing and industrial painting occupations, or progress to further training. There are five compulsory units covering health, safety and working practices, as well as preparing surfaces and applying paint systems.
The date below is given as an example, you can start this course anytime.
To be eligible for this course you must be working in industry carrying out painting and decorating tasks. Interview required. Start anytime.
The learner will learn key practical skills and knowledge in these mandatory units:
- Erecting and Dismantling Access/Working Platforms in the Workplace
- Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace
- Conforming to Productive Working Practises in the Workplace
- Moving, Handling and Storing Resources in the Workplace
- Applying Paint Systems by Brush and Roller in the Workplace
- Preparing surfaces for painting/decorating in the workplace
Why the MET?
You will be assessed by highly experienced assessors who have years of collective knowledge and industry experience between them.
Our experienced assessors’ are passionate about their areas of expertise and are committed to helping you to attain your learning goals and meet your personal aims.
This course provides links with local employers.